Question On CC Guns

amaverick

On the CC gun threads I have not seen the Sig P239 or the HK Compact mentioned. Is there anything wrong with either of these two? My research seems to indicate they should be good carry guns. Both are about the same weight and size. Opinions??????

'75Scout

I dont think anyone questions that they are good guns. I haven't ever read about Sig or HK haters like there are GLOCK haters, maybe thats why there aren't any threads. I have fired quite a few rounds through my uncles Sig 239. It has never malfunctioned while I was shooting it. I personally don't care too much for the DA/SA trigger, weight, and ammo capacity. I like my GLOCK 26 better for ccw. The GLOCK 19 isn't much bigger than the Sig but carries nearly twice as many rounds.

amaverick

I didn't mean to imply they are not good guns, just never see those models mentioned. Is it that the capacity is too little for most? I have looked at the Glock 19 and it is a possibility. I am thin and live in the desert so in the summer I need something small and easy to conceal.

amaverick

I didn't mean to imply they are not good guns, just never see those models mentioned. Is it that the capacity is too little for most? I have looked at the Glock 19 and it is a possibility. I am thin and live in the desert so in the summer I need something small and easy to conceal.

'75Scout

I'm 6'0 and 165lbs. I can conceal my GLOCK 26 even with snug t-shirts (in a Galco SkyOps IWB holster). Most people find that grip length makes a gun more difficult to conceal, not thickness. The 239 is quite thick for a single stack and is substancially heavier than my 26, which isn't exactly feather light. The grip on the 239 is longer than the 26. I find the GLOCK 26 to be easier to shoot well, just so long as you get rid of the crappy plastic sights for some Trijicons/Meprolights/Heinie's.

'75Scout

GLOCK, SIG, HK are all good. GLOCKS field strip in about 2 seconds and are easy to clean. Plus the GLOCKS are less expensive. If you decide to get a GLOCK send me a pm and I can mail you a copy of a GLOCK armorer's video for a few bucks. The guy in it shows you how to do everything to maintain and improve a GLOCKS performance.

HYDRA-SHOKz

HK and Sig are without a doubt great guns.You would be well served by either.

I have never owned a Sig,but have shot several,so I cant really comment on those for CC except that the weight might be a factor.

I had a HK USP Compact .40 for quite some time.I found it hard for me to conceal.Especially IWB.That and the fact that for some reason I just dont shoot the .40 well I decided to get rid of it.

I CC a Glock 32.My first Glock was a 19 and a great 9mm pistol.For my purposes the compact Glocks work really well for me.I plan to purchase a 26 by this summer for something a little smaller for the hot summers here.

Everyone is different.What works for me might not work for you and vice versa.I know people that conceal full size HK's,Glock's,Sig's,Ruger's and 1911's.Those are all great guns but would not work for me as CCW's but serve all those who carry them well.

I think considering a Glock 19 is good idea.You also might want to check on the 26.You might also check out the Kahr K9 and P9.Good luck.

amaverick

Thanks all for the replies

I think I may look at the Glock 26 again. It seems like a popular gun and Glock's reputation may push me into getting one. I just came from a local gun shop and they had one used but LN and also new ones. :)

root

I'd say go with an HK Compact or Full Size (if you can conceal it). In my opinion they offer the best options for carry (cocked and locked, hammer down unlocked, it has de-cock, everything can be done with the safety on if you so desire) very quick to take apart and clean. It's a safe, reliable gun.

My only complaint for the sig is weight, I would trust it just as I would an HK.

Glock... well. I don't paticularly like them, but I have nothing against them except for the disassembly procedure, which as I understand requires one to pull the trigger. I've fired them on several occasions and found them to be excellent firearms.