Question On Bore Snakes

Jamie Young

WHY DIDN"T I THINK OF THESE THINGS!!!!

These things are great for barrel whipping guns Like Mini 14's:D

This has to be one of the best things out there for cleaning the M1 Garand, M14, M1 Carbine and Mini 14. I don't have to slam the end of My cleaning rod against the bolt anymore:eek:

Commander Fan

I've got 3 rifle length models in;

7mm

They work great. I fold the cord over and dip the brush section in Hoppes, then add about an inch of protectant about half way down the main cord.

You would need to stroke MANY times with a standard rod to equal one pass with the Bore Snake.

Works great for breaking-in new barrels. You can just throw them in the wash when they get really dirty, but I haven't washed any of mine yet.

K80Geoff

I like them too, have used something similar for years in my Shotgun barrels. But they never get the bore really clean. Especially with shotguns and plastic wad buildup. I like to run one through the bore immediatly after shooting.

Soda Pop ... now if you had an AR you could use a boreguide and clean the bore with a rod from the chamber end. :D

I do not like to run rods in from the muzzle!

Jamie Young

you could use a boreguide and clean the bore with a rod from the chamber end.

I think the Shotgun style break open with the AR and FAL, make cleaning the barrel a breeze. Thats the best way to design a Military rifle around, for cleaning that is.

K80Geoff

I have a boreguide for my AR.

It slides in from the rear of the receiver and guides the cleaning rod into the bore. Wish I had it in the 70's with my M16, makes cleaning easier. I piece rod is better than those GI rods.

Boresnakes are good for a quick clean but to get the bore really clean you need a rod IMHO. :D

Jamie Young

I just went out and over hauled My whole Cleaning Kit. I threw out all My cheap rods and picked up fancy shmancy cleaning rods. I guess I should pick up a Bore Guide.

With the amount of shooting I've done in the last year, I'm getting sick of breathing In Hoppes.:barf:

Crimper-D

All I use on the rimfires

Got them in 38/357, 44, 45 and 30 cal too.
except for occasional brushing with Sweets to
clear out copper fouling, the Boresnakes are
taking care of about 90% of my guncleaning chores.:)

Jamie Young

I've been spending close to 3hrs every weekend cleaning My guns. I needed to find some way of speeding up the Process. AND I DID :) Now I have to teach My 7yr old Nephew how to clean Uncle Jamie's Rifles and Pistols. He might think the Bore Snakes are cool and want to use it:D

Dave R

They are the perfect solution for cleaning .22 semi-autos like the Ruger 10/22 and the Marlin Model 60.

Great for revolvers, too.

Jamie Young

Well I'm going to get My Weekly dose tonight. I have to clean a 16gauge, Mini 14, Model 70, Single Six, Taurus T-85 and a Beretta 92FS tonight. I took My Dad and a guy from Kazakstan for Rifle, Pistol and Sporting Clays today.