Question on black SKS

sectshun8

Was at the gun show today and one booth had a really good looking shape, all black, bolt action SKS that said Made in China. They wanted $250 for it out the door... decent deal, should I pick it up?

RoyP

need more info, for starters a SKS is a semi auto not a bolt action. What brand stock was on it. They didn't come from china with synthetic stocks.

sectshun8

My mistake on the bolt action, from where I was it looked that way... anyhow, no clue on stock mfg, looked nearly identical to this:

sporter.jpg

RoyP

as long as the finish is in good shape and the rifling, bolt and trigger group look in good shape it's worth that. does it have the stock fixed mag or detachable? some of those detachable ones are junk , you are better off with the stock fixed if at all possible.

kozak6

Ordinary Chinese SKS's seem to generally go for around $300 or so.

The high cap mag is interesting. Is it an SKS M or D? Does it accept AK mags? If it does, then it's a damn good deal. If it's just some random hi-cap SKS mag, then it's no big deal.

Does it have Tech Sights installed as well? That could be a cool thing to have.

redstategunnut

Avoid an SKS with the bubbamagazine feature. Either pony up for the AK or get the SKS with the fixed magazine. The bubbamags often don't work.

WVleo

20 round Tapco magazines

The High Cap mags use to be unreliable but now that Tapco came out with there 20 round mag thats not the case with mine anyway. I have 4 Tapco 20 round magazines with this SKS and they have had no FTF issues at all.
Picture738.jpg

WVleo