Question on a G19 Gen 2

tipoc

Did Glock ever offer a Gen 2 G19 with a hard chromed slide as a factory option? If so was this indicated on the box or gun and how?

Gen 2 or 4 in a G19? Which do you prefer and why?

tipoc

AK103K

Dont know about the slide thing.

I had a couple of early 19's (Im calling them Gen 1's, as I got them when they first came out), and I currently have a couple of Gen 3 19's, and I like the Gen 3's a lot better than the early gun. The grip was (and still is) the main issue. Both generations work/worked fine, function wise.

The older guns had those "mag rip" cutouts (like the 17's have) in the front strap, which fell right across my pinkie when it was on the grip. The grip is cramped enough fo me, and I really found it to be annoying and distracting. The Gen 3's and later are better now that its gone, but they are still cramped to me, and Im going to file that lower edge flat when I get around to it and restipple. That lowest, "half" finger groove, is still in the wrong place for my pinkie.

745SW

Off-hand I think my G19C is a late Gen2 bought new in 1999. All blk with no "mag-rip" on the front strap and has the accessory grooves on the dust cover. I haven't noticed chrome any where near that year. I don't prefer a chrome/light colored slide. The box is a Tupperware type with a hole that goes thru the box and trigger guard.

Last edited:

HighValleyRanch

There were only a few gen 1 19's and they are highly sought after.
Just because a gun is an early version of that model doesn't qualify it being called gen 1 (of that version).

The only gen 1's were the 17 and a few 19's.

I would say that there weren't any chromed slide gen 2 model 19's.
Chrome didn't come into fashion till way later.

I have gen 1, 2 and 3, but no 4's.

My favorite glock of all time is the generation 1 model 17.
It is truly the classic flagship model.

stangbangr

I have both. The Gen2 had a lot of holster wear so I polished it a few years ago. Plan to have it Cerakoted soon. I like the Gen2 over the Gen4. I don't like the finger grooves on the Gen4. They're not a deal killer though. The Gen2 has a slightly better trigger IMO.
The only reason I don't carry my Gen2 is because I don't like the polished look.
212f910770af3b70c7a4fd5413c4998c.jpg

HighValleyRanch

Wow,tha's polished.
Would look really cool if it was a polished blue!

My gen 2 is so worn that it's a grey tennifer.
But I like it that way, like faded blue jeans!
Never have to worry about keeping it pristine because it's earned it's patina!