Question from a member

Asmodeous

A member of this site has sent me a couple of emails telling me I'm breaking the law by posting this for sale. I replied to his first message explaining the reality of the law to him; he responded with more dribble about how it was illegal.

Why is it that anyone with a keyboard and a Jennings thinks that they are a gun expert?

Last edited by a moderator:

mfree

<strike>actually, IIRC the setup itself is illegal. I don't believe you're allowed to place a stock on a pistol-registered lower.</strike>

Consider that an ND... I have it totally backwards. Since there are mec-tech kits out the wazoo for glocks and 1911's I don't see the problem.

Asmodeous

He started complaining about the pistol lower; when that was explained to him he went on to complain that it was an illegal short barrel rifle. he just doesn't get it.

There is no problem with it. It's a 16" upper, not a 14.5", the law on the lower is that as long as it started as a pistol it can switch back and forth.

He never complained about the M16 carrier; that's how Colt ships them. It's not unlawful to use them in a semi-auto AR, but it bothers some folks, which is why I offer to swap in a BUshmaster carrier.

I have no issue with someone asking questions. I do take issue with someone who is clearly clueless telling me I'm commiting a crime.