Question for the Sig fans.... Do you like the DAK triggers?

Jamie Young

I finally got to handle a Sig 229 for the first time, but didn't get to shoot it.

Would you consider it an improvement?

MCIWS

I have never fired a P229 or a Sig DAK model. I own a P220 and if a DAK simply means a constant double action pull, than no thank you. I think it would become very tiresome after many rounds or even rapid fire. I understand that if you apply the basic fundamentals of shooting, it shouldn't matter if you have a 4.5 or 12 pound trigger pull, but I like the fact I can cock the hammer if I want to.

trooper3385

I use to carry the P226 with the double action trigger and I really liked it. I also have a P229 with the double action trigger also. About a year ago, my Dept. (TXDPS) went with the P226 DAK. We were the first large Dept. to go with them. We had them before they were issued to the public. I was really apprehensive about it when I heard about the Double Action Only trigger. But, I have to say, I've been very impressed with it. The trigger pull on it is excellent. After shooting several hundred rounds through it after it was issued, all 12 of the Troopers in my area improved there scores. If I already had a Sig with the double action trigger, I wouldn't spend the extra cash to get a DAK. If I was a first time buyer or looking for another Sig, I would go for it.

bglimpse

There is a difference between the DAO and the DAK. The DAK is a light double action pull like a Para Ord LDA. I have a P229 SAS with the DAK trigger and it is sweet. The break is really clean and the reset is not bad.

OBIWAN

The original Sig dao was indeed much like a DA revolver

But the K trigger has a reset much more like a single action

perception

I own a DA/SA 229 and a 229 SAS. I love the feel of the DAK trigger when dry firing, it is extremely smooth and crisp.

Then I took it to the range. I can't shoot that trigger to save my life. I can shoot the DA or the SA trigger pull much better than I can shoot the DAK trigger. It is very smooth, but I just can't get the bullets to go where I want them to. I can shoot rapid fire better with the normal 229 than I can slow fire with the SAS.

The gun itself is accurate, I just can't deal with the trigger. I will probably get used to it, but for now I will stick with the traditional DA/SA.

Juna

I dry fired a 229 and 226 with the DAK trigger, and it was sweet. Smooth, light, and crisp. BUT I did not actually fire those two particular weapons.

ICE1210

I have a 229DAK, the trigger pull is excellent. I can't say enough good about the pistol. It is as good if not better than my Glock.

REELZARUBA

I Have 229sas And Love It. I Carry In The Belt , I Dont Like A Holster Because It Limits What I Where. I Shoot 300 To 500 Rounds A Time And Love It.it Is Safer To Carry And No Safty To Rub My Side Or To Desingage. I Also Have Glock 27 Have Holster Always And P220 /baby Eagle /p239/double/glock 17. I Have To Say For Allday Belt Carry I Love The Gun And Is As Acurate As You Practice.