Question for Para Ord C7 LDA Owners

Sulaco2

OK so I got a C7 LDA.45 3.5 inch barrel pistol to play with for awhile. Man trying to get used to that trigger, Very nice size for CWC but my main question is about the recoil setup on this pistol. The recoil spring set seems VERY weak when the slid is pulled back, just enough to force the slide back into battery when its pulled back and released. I am used to the 1911 force springs... is this an artifact of the C7 Para enginering and the locked breach system makes it that way or does this beast need a new recoil spring set and is unsafe to fire? Any help mucho appresheatao :)

ripnbst

I am guessing you didn't buy new? I have a CCO Para with LDA trigger and my slide is in my opinion very hard to hand cycle as compared to other guns I've handled. Mine has somewhere around 500 rounds through it so yours must have much more than that.

David the Gnome

I've got a C7.45 Companion LDA and I agree with ripnbst, the slide is quite stiff on mine. I've never had a failure from mine, it's my primary winter carry gun.

Sulaco2

Yes its used and I don't have any history on prior use of the gun. I have to decide if I want to keep it and I am not real sure I want to fire it with that light a recoil slide spring or what seems to be so light. Well now I have to decide if I want to order a new recoil spring set....