Question for mosquito owners

ffxmike

Hey everybody. I picked up my combat green mosquito today, and it feels great, but I haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet (tomorrow, hopefully!)

Does anyone know how the safety works? I know on my USP and my beretta's, when the safety is engaged, the trigger doesn't move, or, if it does, it won't move the hammer far enough to drop.

With my mosquito, I can engage the safety, and when the trigger is pulled, the hammer "drops"

I'm curious as to whether it's faulty, or it's simply doing the same thing as using the decocker, and the firing pin is moved out of the way or something.

Hope this all makes sense, I'm sure I'll wind up calling sig in the morning, since this is kind of a late post, and I'll be worrying all night about my latest purchase (bad experience with my beretta neos, sent it to factory for repairs the second day I owned it :barf:, but they did repair it expertly)

If I get more information from them, I'll be sure to post it. Thanks for all the help!

(and all the help I've gotten from here in the past, even though I don't post much!)

ffxmike

well, after calling sig this morning, turns out thats the way it's supposed to work. the hammer will drop, but the pin is blocked. Will try it at the range today, see how it handles...can't wait!

JagMP

Definately post a range report. Looking at getting a .22 pistol to plink with (Gotta love those cheap rounds)

ffxmike

just got back. I don't think I got it clean enough, for one, from the oil that sigarms glopped onto the gun at the factory.

Other than that, need to adjust the sights, just went for a quick outing. Mine didn't seem to like the cci mini-mags, which is the exact opposite of my beretta neos. I had more than a few rounds that didn't fire on the first strike. Maybe 4 that didn't fire on a second strike. All rounds fired, though. (Which is a big reason I like this more than my neos, because of the DA trigger I can just pull through again and get the shot off.) I've got some federal target ammo I need to try through it, and I"ll pick up the 550 box of remington next time I'm at wal-mart, and give it a good run through.

This was really just more of a quick trip at lunch, to get a bit more familiar with a new purchase.

Overall I like the pistol. Fun, feels good, enjoyable. I'd buy it again. Tested the safety, and it did work just as stated, but still leaves me feeling a little uneasy. But as we all know, more than one safety has failed, so best to only truly trust the one between your ears.

I was shooting a little high, but that was me. Friend went with me, and after the first magazine, he had everything in a fairly tight grouping, and he's normally a rifle only person, this was his first time with a pistol.

ksmash01

ya mine works fine too.....

Everything functioned properly on my new mosquito. 100 cci mini mags total.

the gun is so fun my girlfriend actually stepped up to the firing line.

i just gave it a quick test, but i'll put it through it's paces.

Hans

I love my Mosquito, especially because it feels like a combat gun in my hand, not just a plinker. When I was cleaning it, however, I found the slide catch spring loose, and when I gently tried to fix it, I knocked it out and lost it. Oh well, Sig is sending me another. Still a great gun.