Question for Glock 30 owners

44 Deerslayer

I've been thinking about getting a Glock 30, .45 acp. I own two XD's which I really like but the compact 30 has captured my interest.

I've looked at a few G30's. I don't like the plastic sights or the plastic trigger. The sights are easy to change though. I do like the fact that spare parts are easily available unlike the XD's which have to be sent in for almost everything except some common springs.

How does the 30 shoot? Gun rags say good but I'm interested in real people's opinions. I want it for carry, do they conceal well? They look a little larger than my XD40 Sub but not much.

All OWNERS opinions welcome...

Officer's Match

Glock's most accurate pistol (probably a tossup with the 29 10mm, actually). Probably the best they make, right up there with the 19 and 23.

Mark B

I am very happy with my G30. Very accurate, 1000+ rounds no malfunctions.
If you have medium to large hands I would strongly advise putting Piearce grip extensions on all of your mags. The extra control you get from having something to wrap your pinky around makes a world of difference. Recoil is normal for a compact .45 but by no means excessive.
I can't compare it to a Sig, or HK 'cause I knew I wanted the 30 and didn't bother to look at anything else.
One cool thing about the G30 is that you can buy a 10mm barrel, and swap back and forth. G29/G30 with just a barrel swap. Good luck!

44 Deerslayer

You can swap between 10mm and .45 with just a barrel swap? I didn't know that, very interesting, makes it even more desireable. I assume you also need new magazines for the conversion?

Mark B

I could be mistaken but no you don't need new mags. A stronger recoil spring would probably be a good idea but not necessary.

bdcbbq

I don't have a lot of experience with firearms. I have a Walther P99 and a Glock 30. I've had both less than 4 months. I like both guns and am having trouble deciding in what capacity to use each one. I'm still working on accuracy and rarely missing the paper target now. I had a good session with the Glock today and kept almost all of my shots within the target and most were within the inner 3 circles today. I shot 50 rounds. I like the Glock 30 quite a bit. Maybe a tad bulky, but having 10 rounds in that small size is nice.

katana8869

The Glock 30 is an awesome pistol, but it is right at the limit, girth wise for alot of folks. I would go to the shop a couple of times and handle one thoroughly more than once before buying it to make sure that is not a problem. Rent one and shoot it first if you can. Several folks recommend carrying the G30 OWB, again because of the girth of the gun, but IWB has never been a problem for me.

One thing I can attest to however is the accuracy of the G30. It will absolutely amaze you. Mine shoots groups that rival my 1911's that cost twice as much as it did.

Since you already own XD's, the XD45C would also be an excellent choice. I have one of those too and I can't say enough good things about it. It's thinner in the grip and I find mine to be just about as accurate!

denfoote

The Glock 30 is an awesome pistol, but it is right at the limit, girth wise for alot of folks.

Just slightly over that limit for me.

I went with the G36.
Same accuracy, slightly less chunkier!!!

threegun

I owned two G30's and found them to be typical Glock in reliability and extremely accurate. I sold them and bought a pair of G23's for easier carry (thinner) and hold more rounds. My favorite Glock is the G-21 so the 30 was a shoe in for my carry piece. It was just a tad to thick for concealed carry for me. Great gun otherwise.

Zombie Steve

I'm going on about 6 months of carrying a G30, and I love it. It is blocky, but fine with a good holster.
Here's my first 5 shots with my G30:
DSCF1121.jpg

It does it's job well, wasn't super expensive and I don't feel bad about abusing it.
Yep, those are trijicon sapphire night sights. I didn't like the factory either...

Dj Dust

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! Best autoloader I've ever owned. I have put 5000+ rounds through it in less than 6 months with no FTE or FTF. At least 1000 rounds of these were some VERY HOT stuff. I have found parts online for as little as $1. look for parts at online police supply's. If I can find the link I'll post it. I bought extra parts have never had to replace one, but better to have it than wait for it.

9x19

Mine offers excellent accuracy whenever I do my part, and is easy to carry with the right holster. The Milt Sparks Summer Special II is one of my favorites.

G29H.jpg

buster55

I have owned one for about 10 years,no problems with it so far,it's a very nice setup for 45acp in a small package for ccw,accurate as all my other 45 pistols,1911's included.

Deputy1199

Glock 30

I shot both the G30 and G36 side by side at the range, to choose one. Both functioned reliably and accuracy was the same -- excellent. No difference in felt recoil between the G30 and the G36. The deciding point, for me, was the feel of the gun as it was held, and fired. The G30's double stack grip was too uncomfortable due to its extra width compared to the thinner G36 grip, which fit my hand perfectly. I shot both pistols equally well, but the G36 felt better. After 20 months and 5,000+ rounds of both factory ammunition and my own handloads, I'm happy with my choice.

mountainclmbr

I had a G30 for several years. Never had afunctional problem. That safety thingy in the middle of the trigger was always a strange thing to me. I always seemed to hesitate at the feel of it. Not for me, but a reliable pistol.

spyderdude

One of the biggest reasons I gave Glock a chance is because of the availability of replacement parts. I still like the XD, but I am glad I bought a G19. I shoot it better than the XD9 I used to own.

Glockeroo

44, why not get the Glock 27 or 33? More than enough firepower in a smaller package than the G30. Easier to conceal. I'd look at these two if I were you.

tazmss

I regularly carry a Glock 30...have channeled several hundred rounds thru it...no complaints, here.....
I will say this(to add to Glockeroo's comment..). a mini in .45ACP is quite a bit larger than one in .40 or .357, so it may not be the easiest to conceal(I'm a big guy, so it works well for me....). You would be well-served to try one out first, wear it aound a bit to make sure that is a viable option for you...

-Taz