Question for Desert Eagle owners

Gunaholic

I just bought a Mark XIX in .44 Mag so I'm still having the guy who reloads for me experiment with different powders. What is the cleanest burning powder you've used for this weapon? The problem I'm having is that the ammo functions for the first 50 rounds or so and then the slide starts to fail to close all the way. It only stays open about 1/4" but it's a pain to keep having to push it forward. I've noticed the gun get's very dirty and I know it will using full power loads and because of the gas system. I just want him to use the powder that will allow me to shoot it most before it starts to malfunction due to powder fouling. Also, anyone have a problem with the last round jamming? Thanks for your input!

quack fiend

i heard at one time that reloaders should use accurate #9 for this pistol, don't remember why--i use the cheaper pmc and american eagle factory loads with jhp's and can go several hundred rounds without it gumming up

mbartel

Vihtavouri N110 is the cleanest high performance powder for the large capacity handgun cases. Gives top velocities with significantly lower pressures than h-110 or 296. Comes in 2lb. containers, but is kinda sorta hard to find. Made in Finland I believe. The website is listed below...

http://www.vihtavuori.fi/reloading.html