Question for CZ75 SP-01 Phantom owners

Micropterus

I would like to consider this gun for purchase but I have not been able to disassemble one to inspect the frame rails. And I cannot find a picture or a useful video online that depicts the inside of the frame.

I would like to know if the frame rail channels are merely grooves cut into the polymer frame, or are there any metal reinforcements in the frame that the side rails ride in?

Now that the pistol has been out for awhile, are there any frame duability concerns?

Thank you for any relevant answers.

Micropterus

Can you tell me how they are integrated into the polymer frame? Are they inset metal channels that run the full length?

Thanks.

CZ9Mil

CZ Phantom

I do own a CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom and I love it!

To Disassemble, bring the vertical line on the back of the slide even with the dot on the back of the frame, pop the pin that sticks out on the opposite side of the slide lock. pull the slide lock out and there you have it, the slide will completely slide off!

The channels do not run the entire length, they run for about an inch at the point of ejection, and an inch at the rear of the frame where the hammer assembly is, but it is no problem as there is no channel per say. It is simply seated in the frame.

I love it, and I am 100% happy with my purchase of this firearm. I am in the market to purchase another CZ, only the Dave Wesson models this time!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. I do have much experience with this pistol. :)

One more thing....I did drop it, and I will admit, my heart sank as I assumed it would for sure be dinged, dented or scratched (perhaps worse, a crack!)...but there was nothing. I could not even tell it was dropped! Hope this helps!

armoredman

I just got my Phantom about a month ago, and it is quite the pistol. No, the metal channels only run the length of the metal inserts, not full length. This gun is very accurate and reliable so far with a little less than 500 rounds through it. Fun to shoot, and easy to carry.

PhantomCzexy.jpg

Micropterus

Thanks for posting. I had forgotten about this thread. I actually ended up buying another standard CZ75B that will, hopefully, be the basis for some customization. The Phantom is still in my sights, though, and I may get on in March.

CZ9Mil

CZZZZZ

I am actually in the market for another as well, most likely the Dan Wesson models that CZ now manufactures. I love the gun, everyone that shoots it absolutely loves it as well, even the Glock (Glyuck) competition guys at my gun club/range.

CZ9Mil

I do have a question

Does anyone know where I can look for parts (aftermarket/competition) for these pistols? I can't seem to find ANYTHING. Help anyone? Thanks in advance...

Distortion

Sorry, I haven't been here in a while...

I don't own a Phantom, but I do own a few CZ's, including custom CZ's I use in (informal) competition (steel target speed shooting). I bought my custom CZ's and most of my competition gear at the CZ Custom Shop.