Question about my Ruger GP

Pahoo

Screw it, back in !!!

What is it, and what's causing it to be exposed?
It's just working loose and needs to be threaded back in and LockTited. If you look at an it's schematic, as they call it you will see that it's part of the cylinder release or open button located just about this position. This GP came with a manual and it's listed, in the parts exploded view. ….. :)

Man, don't lose it and get it back, in place. …… :)

https://www.brownells.com/schematics/ruger-/gp100-sid19.aspx
Reference part #53

Be Safe !!!

Last edited:

Carmady

That screw on the LCR takes a 0.050" allen wrench, don't know about the GP.

For unknown reasons some manufacturers call it a 1.27mm &/or a 1.3mm allen wrench, but I don't know if those wrenches exist, even in metric countries.

Hal

What others may list is mute!! …….
Weird as in - it's listed as discontinued from Brownell's.

I have to wonder why?
Did Brownell's drop it because the gun is too old? (Clearly not!)
Did Brownell's drop it because they can't get it?
Did Brownell's drop it because it doesn't move?
Did Brownell's drop it because it's something that never breaks?
Did Brownell's drop it because it's a part that can't ever be lost & therefore, never need replacing?

Weird - that Brownell's - would discontinue a part - that by the OP's original post, is clearly capable of backing out and falling into the long grass. That would eliminate my last point above.

I don't give a hoot about what the part number is. I just find it strange that Brownell's lists a part like that as discontinued. I have to wnder why?

Then again - I really don't care since I wouldn't own a Ruger D/A revolver anyhow - so - it's a moot point.