question about my new xdm9

jeepster11

went to the range friday and saturday and noticed it was shooting about 6 to 8 inches left. could this be due to the ammo? because i dont think its me because with my 45 1911 i took along i was shooting straight. has anyone seen this before could it be the barrell? i am going to try to get back to the range this week and take one 1911 and it and post a picture of the target. but what could this be it has about 150 to 200 rounds through it. thanks for your help. also the ammo is blazer brass 115grain fmjs.

zombieslayer

It may just be the different trigger messing with you. Have you owned any DA's or Glocks before? Or it could be the sights.

jeepster11

yes

i have owned a glock and a xd 9 before i love the xd trigger over the glocks thats why i went back to the xd line. i have the xdm9 4.5 inch barrell.

rigby06

I had just added night sights to my Glock 22 and got a chance to shoot it a week or so ago, it was shooting at least 4" to the left as well, I had the range adjust the sights just slightly, once they did it shot spot on. I would have the sights checks.

rigby06

I am no expert when it comes t sights, but even a small movement in either direction will make a difference in how it shoots. If you go to an range, let someone there adjust if it necessary. :)

Uncle Malice

It's possible that the sight may need to be adjusted. That's not a terribly uncommon phenomenon.

I would suggest that you have someone else shoot the gun first though to see if they are also shooting off target. Ideally, someone familiar with the XDM ergo's, trigger, and point of impact.