Question about Mil-Dot scopes?

Warm Bore

Does anyone know which scope manufacturers use the US Army-Style Mildot Reticle where the mils are round circles (as opposed to the oval-shaped USMC style)? Does Leupold or Sightron make one?

Thanks,

WB

Rob01

Warm, I'm pretty sure Premier Reticles can change a reticle to the round mildots for you but only on Leupold scopes. My advice would be to contact them at www.premierreticles.com and find out. If they can, which I'm pretty sure they can, then buy the Leupold scope you want in a basic duplex reticle, they are cheaper, and then send it to Premier. You never said how much you want to spend so I can't really help with scope selection but if you want a Leupold that's a good route.

Watchman

Nightforce. Exellent reticle. Exellent scope. For a rich man.

Premier Recticles wiill do other scopes. They are the only subcontactor that Leupold reconizes for warrantly work. I had a tatical Leupold done and a Tasco WorldClass done. It was 75 bucks each for the reticle. They have several different designs and they do good work.

Rob01

Watchman that must have been a long time ago because from Premier's site in the about us section:

"In 1990, based on our combined experience working on various brands, we decided to limit our custom services exclusively to Leupold scopes. "

Watchman

Yeah I remember having a discussion about that. They did it though, maybe because I had the Leupold with it. Its been few years, 3 or 4 I think. It maybe higher now than the 75 each I paid then.