Question about going to different states not looking to even CC

Nagano21

Hi,
this weekend I will be going to maine from mass. I am going to my buddies house up there his family just got a few yrs ago. It is on something like 20-40 Acres of land. I was hoping to bring a few guns up, maybe a .22 and a hand gun or so to target shoot, and let him try out.

Now I do not plan on Carryin Concealed or at all up there, just looking to take out and plink here and there... You all know anything about the legality of this issue? I could not find anything online about it since it is not a CC question.

All Advice welcome.

If I was to Call maines DA, are they easy to get intouch with, just incase it resorts to that.

Thanks

Niantician

Mass is pretty strict about handguns. They wanted to a trooper to meet me at the border and inspect how I had the gun stored.

azurefly

Any second now, Rich is gonna come into this thread and ask that some punctuation and grammar get introduced, and quickly -- and he'll be very justified for doing so.

People, we DID all go through at least 10 grades, right?! :rolleyes:

On topic: I am under the impression that anyone bringing guns into Massachusetts as a destination would have to have a MA FOID-type card, and that unless you are moving there, you are not allowed to be bringing guns to the state. I could be wrong about the legality, but I would not chance bring guns to MA if there is any chance of them being discovered.

That said, I did "smuggle" my CCW to Nantucket when I visited my brother in 2004... Doing it made me nervous, but I made the decision based on the fact that in 13 years of carrying concealed, in places I was and was not "allowed" to, I have never been "made". May that streak continue for many years to come, until we have national Vermont-style carry. :)

-azurefly

Niantician

Azurefly, your post has puntuation errors too! You can't end a sentence with two puntuations. Besides, it's late give us a break!

Nagano21

Azurefly... Who care about punctuation, it is late like said before, I was at work and had to spit the post and reply out fast, as well as it being a laid back internet site, Not my college essay!

Anyway, My answerhas still not being answered correctly, everyone is giving me the scenario as if I was coming into the state of Mass. I am a Mass resident, I am looking to go into Maine for the weekend. coming back from Maine to Mass Should not even be a problem.

All I wanna know is if it is ok to bring a couple guns to a property with many acres to plink, and if it will be a problem or not. Remember... GOING from MASS to MAINE!

Thanks

snolden

Federal law says if you are legal in your starting point and your destination you are legal period (as long as you are transporting, not carrying). firearms should be unloaded in the trunk, ammo in a separate container. I think the firearm container has to be locked.

In a truck or SUV, you will need separate lockboxes.

So from MA to ME, yes you are fine. from ME to MA, no.

CrustyFN

Nagano21,
I had the same problem as you. I live in West Virgina but shoot in Ohio more. I am transproting my guns back and forth all the time. I made a phone call to the local police and was transfered to the department that could answer my questions. It only took a few minutes on the phone. JMO but I would rather have them answer my questions than try to interpret something off the internet.
Rusty

Pleese fel freee too corect as neded.:D

M1911

You will have no problems bringing guns from Massachusetts to Maine, provided you transport them unloaded and in your trunk (preferably inside a locked container).

Maine does not require you to have a license just to possess a gun.