Question about Berry bullets

I am going start reloading .223, I have been researching components. I was checking Berry Bullets website. They are offering a bullet and brass combo, you get 500 55gr bullets and 500 .223 brass unprimed unfired. All for 139.00 and shipping in paid. looking for some opinions on this. It sound like a pretty decent deal. I have used Rainer Bullets in my handguns with good results. I would use these rounds for plinking.

Incognito

I've been using Berry's 55 gr. FMJBT bullets for quite some time. They're identical to the Lake City M193, and I suspect they're actually one of the same. A while back Berry's used to advertise them as coming directly from LC, but then one day they changed the description and now doesn't mention the manufacturer at all. LC brass is awesome. If you're comfortable with the price, I'd say buy them. Berry's is a reputable company.

Uncle Buck

There are a few companies that I never see get bashed on here, and Berry's is one of them.

They are one of the few companies that seem to answer e-mails and actually stand behind their product. (Of course, when you sell bullets, it is always best to stand behind them as opposed to out front :eek:)

If you like the deal, and I was you, I would definately go for it. You have to figure out if it is the deal for you.

As far as quality control, you will not hear many complaints. The few you do hear about, Berry's takes extra steps to resolve them.

Sevens

Yep, Berry's does offer a few rifle bullets. I use their .30 Carbine slugs and they are absolutely impressive in both price and performance. But they don't make .224" bullets, so those offered on the site are true jacketed bullets.

Great folks to deal with.
I have used Rainer Bullets in my handguns with good results.
I have used a few Ranier bullets in my handguns and while they did seem to work and I have no reason to bash the product, I will say that if you try some Berry's plated handgun bullets, you may find yourself not going back to Ranier bullets in your handguns.

KW Gary M

I only load handgun ammo myself but I have used Berry's and have been very happy. I use them in .40, .45, 9mm and .38/.357 Mag. Their 125 grain hollow point .38/357 is what I use for my carry ammo in my .357 snubby. I tested a bunch of them in water jugs and they open up better than any other .357 I've tested.