question about 125gr JSP for 9mm

Wild Zebra

Hello first thanks, I went to the range this weekend and had a good time shooting my reloads, with great success. Thanks to some help from you all.

Now I have a bunch of these 125gr JSP'S and I don't see load data in my manual for this bullet. Should I use the data for a FMJ? Or does any one have any info on load data. I have Unique, Universal, Titegroup and Bullseye powders. Thanks

FMJ probably seats out further, so the same load may not apply. Do you have the brand and name of the bullet? If not, does it have a crimp cannelure impressed in it? If so, can you measure from the base to the cannelure so we can figure out how deeply it is supposed to seat?

MR 8x57js

Zebra
i did some research and found in my Lymans 47Th Manaul they used a Speer 125 Gr JSP Speer part #4005.
OAL is 1.120 Federal Brass & CCI primers. Data is from a 4" barrel.
Bullseye Starting at 3.3 Grs & Max is 4.8
Unique Starting at 4.1 Grs & Max is 5.3 is a compressed powder charge!
Hope this helps you:)

Wild Zebra

thanks I think they may be speer. I bought a bunch of stuff in bulk. I have two brand new 500 piece boxes that I would like to use and plenty of bullseye powder to boot. So I would like to use them up. So is there anyway I can really find out what they are?? I looked up the address on the box to no avail. Anyone heard of a company called MDS??