quality of south african 17 rd hi-power mag

Coronach

If they're like mine (from CDNN), they're fine. Expect a few minor teething problems:

1. Getting the last 2 rounds in is a real b***h. Leave 'em loaded up for a few weeks, the springs will relax a little.

2. 3 of my 4 experienced FTF on the first round out when loaded up to 17. I think this has something to do with that arse-kicker of a mag spring being so strong- the slide can't strip the round from the mag. Again, the spring relaxes and this, apparently, disappears over time. I say apparently since I just noted the problem 2 weeks ago....but thats what others say will happen.

Mike

------------------
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert Heinlein

jimmy

Functionally they seem fine. The finish varies from good to rough, even when new. Overall, not the quality of original Browning mags, but still worth the price.

Many come with a loading tool, which is a plus.

Bob C

I ordered a couple of these, and a couple of the Inglis mags, all from CDNN. All have worked fine in limited (75 rounds each)testing. I like the Inglis a little better, but they are a bit more expensive. The SA springs are as strong as advertised, BTW.

Skorzeny

Those 17-round South African KRD mags are great!

They have strong springs (unlike, say, ProMag), yet only add a little height to the High Power.

The finish may be a little rough, but it is very functional (heat-treated well, I think) and the area that touches the mag safety is nicely polished.

One thing I don't like is that the cartridges will rattle a little bit if the mags are loaded to more than a few rounds.

Otherwise, the mags are great and are worth well over their prices.

Skorzeny

------------------
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. Sun Tzu

ATTICUS

A bear to load at first ( you should receive a loading tool with them) I loaded mine to capacity and they've worked great so far. Worth the money.

Johnny Guest

Moderator in Memoriam
CDNN?

Do they have a web site? I've been looking for a source of the South African mags. Also, I'd like another Inglis mag or two.

What have you been paying for each?

Thanks very much.
Johnny