Quality of fmk?

Boogershooter

My wife brought one of these home yesterday evening. I was half asleep and wasn't anything I was interested in so I went back to sleep. I still havnt picked up this Robin's egg blue contraption she brought home but she mentioned it has a trigger that can be swapped from single to double action. I'm just wondering if she wasted my money lol. Sorry I'm a 1911 fan and nothing else excites me.

TunnelRat

You can look up some reviews. I haven't seen anything that impresses me but I haven't owned one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boogershooter

I've read a few reviews but honestly I don't trust gun writers anymore. Ive seen all sorts of cheap guns discussed on here so I figured I would ask. Glad I made a few people laugh. Been busy all day with Christmas party's so didn't get a chance to shoot it today. This particular model has the ammendments on it but they are so small you can't read them. Thanks to those who replied in a helpful manner.

tahunua001

I was seriously considering one a couple months back but decided against it. none of the reviews I watched were free of malfunctions and if I recall correctly, the company does not stand by their products even though they are made in the U.S.

BigMikey76

I have seen mixed reviews, but have not had any personal experience. As a former English teacher, though, I can't help but object, because, from what I understand, FMK stands for "For My Kountry." That just bugs the English nerd in me.

kozak6

It's a generic plastic "me too" pistol.

I like that it's affordable yet American made, but I've never handled one.

I'd love to know what you think after you get it to the range.

wild cat mccane

Buy what it is clearly knocking off, a Walther P99.

Or the Walther Creed is in the exact same price range.

I wouldn't buy based of color...

tahunua001

uh... why is it clearly knocking off the walther P99?
slide angling and profiles are different
take down looks like it was taken straight from glock's design table
has a trigger safety, unlike the P99
P99 is DA/SA, the FMK comes in either SAO or DAO and can be converted back and forth.
P99 has a decocker, the FMK does not.

I love how regardless of what new design is being discussed, it always inevitably gets called either a glock wannabe, or a P99 knockoff.

DT Guy

I've had one (the Glock-style trigger version) for a couple years.

It's been 100% reliable, and has a better stock trigger than any new Glock I've had. Better ergonomics (IMHO) also. It seems at least as accurate as most of my other mid-size polymer pistols.

A couple concerns-the slide stop SEEMS to be plastic, and I've heard reports the locking block is as well; not motivated enough to check my own pistol. ;)

The sights, which are Glock-compatible, are plastic (like a Glock) but have an issue where the dots don't line up with the actual outline of the sights; if you line up the dots, and line up the top of the sights, you'll aim at two different places. Not a huge deal, but annoying.

Also, the finish, while nice, is not any version of nitride or Tennifer; it's just black oxide, as far as I can tell. No problems with mine, but obviously less durable.

I paid about $320 (IIRC) for mine, and they're less now. Based on my example, it's a reliable, accurate and shootable gun; my main concerns are long-term durability, which I haven't (and likely won't ever) be in a position to actually test.

Larry