Quail recipe?

azquailhunter

quail recipe

Frank, There Is A Lot Of Ways To Prepare Arizona Quail.some People Deep Fry Others Like To Cook Withwine And Mushrooms. Since I Am From Mo If It Anint Dark Brown I Don't Eat..lol
How Was Your Hunt And The Population. I Live In Tucson.. Thanks

Frankyoz

great hunt took about 3 hours to find the birds but when we did it was nice. Jumped a couple coveys of 10+. I was looking for unsual recipes or something that might be cool to try.

jdscholer

I'm with ya. I've always used the basic mushroom soup, oven bake meathod, which works on everything from skunk to grizzly, but I'd like to try something different. The problem with quail, is preserving moistness, or at least providing it with the right sauce/gravey. jd

VaFisher

I think we have tried them just about every way we could think of and tried some out of different cook books but keep going back to the following. We always soak in cold water in the ice box over night to get thye blood out and then one of our best ways is to debone breast and marinated in Italian dressing for two to three days, then wrap each peice in your choice of bacon and cook on grill to your taste, make sure not to over cook.
We also like to make pot pies just for a change in taste.

ActivShootr

I like this one

From www.hunttheoutdoors.com:

Quail and Oysters

Quail
3 oysters per quail
Melted butter
Corn meal
Flour
Butter
Salt and pepper to taste
Wipe birds inside and out with a damp cloth. Dip oysters in melted butter, then in corn meal and place inside bird. Make flour and butter paste; rub birds well with paste. Put birds in baking dish, place a strip of bacon across each bird. Bake 30 minutes, basting well with butter. May be served on toast.