quad rail accessory

siloshooter

the only thing i will utilize , for now , is i am going to put a vertical for-grip on which has the internal flip out / fold up bi-pod.

i cant remember who told me so , or maybe i spotted this at a past gun show ? , there is a memory of some type of slide on " covers " or " sleeves " that would cover the unused part of the rail and make into a sort of smooth hand guard much like the factory one that was removed .
anyone who knows what i speak of ... please give sources for obtaining the parts & or pics , etc.

thanks in advance :D

9x19

Do a search on Amazon or Google for "AR15 rail covers"... there are lots of styles and price ranges.

I prefer the low profile versions often called ladder style, as that's what they rewrote mbps. They add zero bulk, and very little weight, plus they are easy to cut to length.

I have quad rails on all of my ARs now, even those I don't have a forward grip mounted on... just for the convenience of mounting a bipod when I feel the need.

siloshooter

thanks 9 ...

i have done a little looking and there are many choices.
the concern would be , at least to me , which one of these actually STAY ON the gun .
any folks who have used various types can weigh in ....