Q for Buyers of GB Primers?

Sport45

Just a quick question for you guys who have purchased primers on GunBroker recently. How were thety shipped? Were they sent to your door via Fedex or UPS or just wrapped and sent parcel post?

Please be honest, as a receiver you are not liable for the shipping method chosen by the supplier.

grindal

I have not ordered any from there but your question gives me an idea. Order 1K from one or two of the big scalpers and turn the tracking number in to UPS and have them busted!

Or maybe not probably would not want to waste a couple hundred bucks doing it...

dipper

You sound angry grindal.....why??
Because someone has something you don't and you want it??
Don't like the prices, don't buy.
YOU should have been paying closer attention and then YOU would have what you need.
Order 1K from one or two of the big scalpers and turn the tracking number in to UPS and have them busted!

Do you know for a fact that people are shipping them illegally??

There are a lot of primers out there if you know where to look----at fair market prices....I just purchased some for $31.00/thousand.

NO, I don't sell on GB or anywhere else and I just gave some away to a couple of fellow shooters.
Quit the whinning and look around, there are supplies out there at fair prices---only the lazy have to pay the prices on GB.

James R. Burke

I have never bought from G.B. and dont plan two for a few reasons. But if someone does thats o.k. with me. I wont pay a high price but maybe they got a fair price or really needed them fast for something. Sorry I cant help you on the shipping question. I am not positive but I dont think you would be liable as the reciever. I would think the sender would be.

hank_scorpio

GB

I bought 2 boxes of 1000 off the site about 2 weeks ago. They arrived stuffed in a flat rate pouch. The boxes were crushed, and the primers were rolling around in the package. I filed a claim against the seller ( charged $25 for shipping). And the great folks in the GB support dept. Killed my account for leaving bad feedback for the guy. Not a good place to get stuff, in my experience, at least.

RedHawk357

Bought a Few

Bought several bricks shipped normal mail. Paid a premium price but I have primers and shoot when my job allows me or as often as I want. I'm not moaning about it the price nobody forced me to click the bid now button. Actually as often as folks bid against me on some auctions there is no shortage of fools soon to be without their money...

Sport45

They arrived stuffed in a flat rate pouch. The boxes were crushed, and the primers were rolling around in the package.

That's what I was afraid of.

It looks to me like if there are enough primers shipped this way it is only a matter of time before there is another disaster similar to the ValuJet crash in the everglades. 110 people died because undeclared hazmat (expired O2 generators) was in the cargo hold of the plane. If a similar incident happened today and the investigation determined reloading components were the cause it might just be the final nail in America's reloading coffin.

I've emailed GunBroker to see if they can do anything about this potential risk, but did not get a response. There's a valid reason that primers and powder can't be shipped by USPS or via air transport.