Q: Double Action / Single Action with true S/A trigger feel?

Skans

Has anyone developed a semi-auto handgun that is double-action / single-action, where trigger feels like a true S/A trigger for successive follow-up shots? Basically, is there any DA/SA gun that has the trigger of a Hi-Power or good 1911 when fired as a single action?

No striker-fired guns, please - their triggers do not feel like a good S/A trigger to me - reset is different and too much take-up. FWIW, I know of none. It is hard for me to believe that such a gun would not be impossible to design.....or is it?

Uncle Malice

Have you tried something like P226 Stainless Elite with SRT?

My P229 Stainless Elite with the SRT trigger feels amazing in SA.

Extremely short and light. I like it better than the Kimber Custom I had...

Skans

Have you tried something like P226 Stainless Elite with SRT?

No I haven't. I recall wondering about that SRT trigger and reading a bit about it around a year ago or so. But, I haven't had the opportunity to play with one.

aarondhgraham

Hello Skans,,,

Have you tried a CZ-75B trigger?

I'm no expert but it's single action trigger mode feels very crisp to me,,,
In fact I had a small bit of trouble at first because it's so light.

Just a thought,,,

Aarond

Uncle Malice

H&K USP has a decent SA trigger.

Perhaps with some Bill Springfield work done to it. I personally find the factory trigger on most HK's to be pretty awful. They've never been known for good triggers (P7/USP Elite/Match not withstanding).

SA is of course better than the DA, but I've never been impressed, and it still has a very long reset.

Skans, Check out a Sig SRT trigger. I only mentioned the Stainless Elite because it seems like there might be just a little more attention to detail on them. I had the P229 E2 which also comes with the SRT and while it is good... it was not as good as my Elite.

One thing to keep in mind as well is that the SRT smooths out and gets even better after about 1000-1500 rounds. Mine is smooth as butter in both DA and SA. The SA is incredibly short and light. I think a broken in SRT could be arguably the finest DA/SA trigger on the market today.

irish52084

How about the CZ SP-01 shadow's? Very nice triggers and pretty reasonable price?
http://www.cz-usa.com/products/by-category/competition-handguns/

I will say that my stock SP-01 did not come with an excellent trigger out of the box. Not on par with a good 1911 trigger anyway. After about 500 rounds it started to smooth out and get pretty good. Then I started practicing a lot of dry fire drills with it and now it's trigger is really good, for a stock sa/da gun.

irish52084

In my limited experience with SIG, I've found the 226 triggers to be better than the 229 or 239, in general. Don't know if it's just in my head or what.

Dobe

Perhaps with some Bill Springfield work done to it. I personally find the factory trigger on most HK's to be pretty awful. They've never been known for good triggers (P7/USP Elite/Match not withstanding).
Disagree with the above.

The P30's have a so-so SA trigger. The HK45 and HK45c have very good SA pulls. The Elite has an extremely good SA pull., which I'd put up against most other semi autos, including some 1911's.

Skans

I'm going to an indoor range Saturday - I recall that they carry the higher end Sig's last I was there, so I should be able to check out the Sig with an srt trigger then.