• Keep it

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

platform

Ordered some ammo from century arms,
it came a month later and my card was charged 15% (or about) more -- about 80 bucks.

When I ordered, the prices where listed with the discount,
I placed the ordered, received automatic confirmation with my order number and the price.

After I received the ammo, I looked at the attached invoice and the price did not include the discount.

I called them. Spoke to two people: and the response I got was the following (this is verbally)
' We ran out of stock, had to get a new batch, and the new batch did not have the discounts. If you do not like it now, you can send it back (we will pay for shipping)'.

The email I got (after I wrote the complaint in the email) was this:

----------------
ALL OTHER BUYERS WERE IN THE SAME POSITION… LAW OF SUPPLY AND DEMAND TAKES PLACE THIS AMMO IS EXTREMELY RARE RIGHT NOW… ALL OTHER BUYERS KEPT AMMO REGARDLESS OF PRICE.. HAVING THE AMMO IS MORE IMPORTANT THEN COUNTING NICKLES….
-----------------

So the ammo prices of course went up for the month that
I was waiting. So now it is a bit more challenging to get the same thing at the same price if I return what I have
(but certainly not impossible -- I paid together with shipping and taxes 24.5 cents per round of non-reloadable
non-corrosive 7.62.39)

But more importantly -- they screwed me, and basically said that they can do it -- since the 'supply demand env is such).

So what should I do:
a) return it and get new one
b) return a portion
c) complain to Florida Better business
d) just keep it

thanks in advance for opinions

KChen986

Got a lawyer friend? Looks like a pretty clear-cut case of 'breach-of-contract.' See if an email or a letter from the lawyer will make them refund the $80.

Shorts

Wow. Well if it were me, let them know that you will be contacting the BBB unless the original contract/order is honored and they return the amount that was overcharged.

Your purchase contract was not dependent on the market (was it anywhere in the fine print?) and especially not dependent on the actions of other customers.

Another option is to contact your bank or credit card to let them know you're considering disputing the charges based on the actions of the store. Might be worth a shot asking their advice on the course of action.

CortJestir

Assuming it wasn't disclosed to you that something like this may happen (and it sounds like it wasn't)...

If it's a matter of principle to you, then you have one choice, IMV. Send the ammo back and get a refund, especially if they offered to pay for return shipping.

If it's a matter of saving $80, I'd do what Shorts recommends and call your credit card company to dispute the difference. Then never do business with them again.

Me personally? I'd send the ammo back.

Don H

Another option - Since you paid by credit card, contact the card company and dispute the charge.

troy_mclure

+1 on contacting the card company. even if its a debit card, many businesses still run them as a credit giving you the credit card protections.

Drachenstein

Call the credit card company and dispute the charges as being an overcharge. All you need is the original receipt. The card company’s attorneys then handle it. Did you know that every charge back will cost the seller an additional $40.00 in chargeback/processing fees? Let them feel the bite of being the victim, if enough people do it they'll change their policy.

They don’t mind sticking it to you, teach them a lesson; stick it back.;)

Bud Helms

TFL isn't the best site for advice on how to persue recovery for online rip-offs. We do however, have a forum for Retail Deals and Feedback.

Our main topic is firearms and their responsible ownership and use.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.