Q. About Glock Trigger And Trigger Bar

1tfl

I'm liking the smooth trigger on my Glock 17 more than the ribbed one on the 19 model. I would like to try a smooth trigger on my 19 to see if I like it more. Can I just take the trigger and trigger bar assembly from my 17 and put it in to my 19? Are they same or different?

JohnKSa

Administrator
I believe so. You should probably contact the store directly to verify that is the case.

The owner of Top Gun Supply is a member here, you can probably PM him with a question or send him an email.

Alleykat

So, folks, here's an anomaly. John's wrong on this one. The G17 trigger bar will work and is interchangeable with, both the G19 and G26 trigger bars. I'm using a G17 trigger bar in my carry G26 right now.

It's the barrels/locking blocks that are different.

AZGlock13

Alleykat, is correct.

The smooth trigger bar assembly in the G17/G22/G34/G35, Glock PN#: 357, fits all 9mm/.40S&W/.357SIG Glock pistols.
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=4727

The smooth trigger bar assembly in the G20 and G21, Glock PN#: 4417, fits all .45ACP/10mm Glock pistols, with the exception of the G36.
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=4022

The smooth trigger bar assembly in the G37, Glock PN#: 3608, fits all .45GAP Glock pistols.
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=4001

MontyCop05, Glock PN#: 2303, is the serrated trigger bar assembly that fits all 9mm/.40S&W/.357SIG Glock pistols (the one that comes standard in G19/G23/G32/G26/G27/G33 pistols).
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=3967

Just like Alleykat, I also have changed out the serrated trigger bar in all my compact and sub-compact Glock pistols for the smooth faced ones.

Last edited:

JohnKSa

Administrator
John's wrong on this one.
It's possible--but if I am it's because the armorer's manuals I have are wrong.

The 2002 armorer's manual (latest version?) lists the trigger bar/trigger assembly for the G17/G22/G31/G34/G35 as one part number: SP00357 and the trigger bar/trigger assembly for the G19/G23/G26/G27/G33 as a second part number: SP02303.

The 1992 armorer's manual, on page 7, lists the G19 Trigger with Trigger bar as a part that will not interchange with the Glock 17 part.

:confused:

AZGlock13

John, I'm wondering if the Glock armorers manual (I don't have an actual Glock armorers manual, I do have "The Complete Glock Reference Guide" by PTOOMA Productions and I'll have to see what they exactly state for sure) is stating that due to there was an issue with the trigger bars for the very early G19s (Glock PN#: 1293) not working with the early G17s and vise/versa. All I know is I have the smoothed faced trigger bar assembly (#357 used in the G17/G22/G31/G34/G35) in my G19, G23, G26 and G27 and have the smoothed faced trigger bar assembly (#4417 used in the G20/G21) in my G29 and G30 and they work perfectly (I have been shooting them for about 4-5 years with these trigger bars installed). I have never tried putting the serrated trigger bar assemblies (#2303 or #1194) into any of my full-sized frame Glocks (I have a G17 (my only 2nd Gen Glock), a G21 and a G35), but I assume they would work just as well.

As far as I know, the only issue/problem with any of the more modern 3rd Gen. Glocks, trigger bar assembly wise, would be if one tried to put a smooth or serrated trigger bar for a 9mm/.40/.357 Glock into a .45ACP/10mm/.45GAP/G36 Glock (won't work), or putting a smooth or serrated trigger bar for a .45ACP/10mm Glock into a 9mm/.40/.357/.45GAP/G36 Glock (again won't work).

Of course the G36 and the .45GAP Glocks (G37/G38/G39) have very unique trigger bars (one unique bar for the G36 and one unique bar for the GAP models) that can't be used in any other Glock models or receive a trigger bar from any of the other Glock models.

JohnKSa

Administrator
The data from the 1992 manual could be due to the (Pre-"EH") model 19 pistols. However the 2002 manual still lists the 19 and 17 trigger bars as separate parts.

PTOOMA (3rd Ed.) also lists the 19 and 17 trigger bars as separate parts, both in their parts list and also in their interchangeability list and also lists a third part SP01293 as the trigger w/trigger bar for (Pre-"EH") G19s in their parts list.

I can see Glock offering different parts (serrated/non-serrated), but I don't understand why both the armorer's manuals and PTOOMA don't indicate interchangeability between the two parts. By the way, PTOOMA doesn't show the the 4417 and 1194 parts for the 10mm/.45 pistols as interchangeable either.

Found a Glock employee on GT saying that they do interchange and yet there are also posts on GT of people disssembling the trigger bar assemblies and swapping out ONLY the trigger portion.

I'm highly inclined to believe that they do interchange given the evidence for it here and on GT, but I'd like to know the story behind the apparent lack of official support for the interchangeability. One Glock's bragging points on the pistols is how many parts interchange--it's odd that they're not bragging on some interchangeabilities that they could be...

'Tis a puzzler...

Alleykat

John, of course, the armorer's manual lists the trigger bars as different part numbers! One's smooth; the other's serrated. Has nothing to do with interchangeability, though. :)