1st Colt
2nd Pittsbuugh Handgun Headquaters
3rd Cylinder and Slide
4th Cunningham

Just my humble opion.:)

Dfariswheel

Same:
1st Colt.
NO ONE knows more then Colt, and they have all the parts and special tooling. Their work is top quality, turn around and price are excellent.

2nd Pittsburgh Handgun Headquarters.
Pittsburgh used to be Colt's overflow for warranty work. They also have a good parts supply, turn around and price are good, quality is tops.

3rd Cylinder and Slide.
Are more a true custom shop for high-end custom gun work and Python action tuning. They do world class work, but, like most custom shops turn around is SLOW, and price is HIGH. They are worth it for custom work.

4th Cunningham
I've heard very good reports on his work, but I can't give a recommendation because I personally haven't seen his work.

Pretty much anyone else is a crap shoot, no matter WHAT they may tell you about their Colt expertise.
These days, Colt's are simply too expensive to take chances with, so Colt first, the others second.

Dfariswheel

Last I heard Jungkind was doing ONLY Python action jobs, and ONLY on unaltered, untouched guns.

That was several years ago and I don't know if he's still in business or not, but he's still listed as one of American Handgunners top 100 gunsmiths.

Here's their listing for him:

Reeves Jungkind
509 E. Granite St., Llano, TX 78643-3055;
(325) 247-1151

Distinguished Python DA and SA trigger jobs; competition and duty Python DA-only trigger jobs; front sight for 50 yard head shots; for a price list, send a SASE.

BTW: The "50 yard head shots" refers to a Match sight used for the Practical Police Course (PPC) in which the sights are aligned on the head of the silhouette and the rounds impact in the 10 ring area of the chest.
This is a PPC version of the bullseye shooter's 6:00 O'clock hold.