Python front sight pins driving me crazy

micromontenegro

So I want to install a patridge front sight on my six inch Python. Easy enough, isn't it it? Well, it began in fine fashion indeed: take the proper starter punch, both pins start drifting OK towards my right... and then they stopped, just flush with the rib. :eek: And I haven't been able to budge them since! No amount of WD40 has proven useful... any tips for me? I don't feel like taking the torch to it...

Thanks in advance!!!

Dfariswheel

Is your support block giving the pins clearance to come out?

These usually come out without trouble, as long as you push them from left to right as you sight down the barrel.

I have no idea what may be holding them up, unless the small burrs that are almost always raised by factory installation are somehow interfering.

Make sure the barrel is well braced in a no move-no bounce set up and use the starter punch with a light hammer.
NO HEAT.

You might also try pushing them back in slightly to see if this will clear any trapped pin burrs.

Ronbo1

sight

Changed to a partridge sight on my 6 inch Python no problem. Laid the sight on a small block of wood and pins came out with a few hammer taps with a punch.