PX4 arrived

Noreaster

My full size PX4 type C in 9mm came in today. I took it home, cleaned it, greased the barrel, and went to the range. Put two hundred rounds through it, everything from really old junk stuff to 147 grain HP. Gun ran great. I found the federal 115 grain fmj to shoot about an inch low but the 147 grain sub sonic shot POA. Thought this was strange. This gun is on par or more accurate then my Sig. The gun grease made a mess. I cleaned it off after the range and cleaned and lubed with CLP. I may try some mill tech next time. I had the larger backstrap on at the range but changed back to the med. The gun came with two 17 round mags, three backstraps and a mag loader which is needed with these mags. Very happy with the purchase. I haven't owned a 9mm in a long time and the lack of recoil and muzzle blast was a downer but I'll get use to the ammo price.

LockedBreech

My PX4 .40 is my main fullsize pistol and I love it. I clean and lube mine with Hornady OneShot dry lube, no actual oil, and its run like a dream for about a thousand rounds. But then I live in a pretty arid climate.

Jim243

Congratulations and have fun. I know you will. But you have to post pictures.

Jim

IMG_1221.jpg

Noreaster

Jim I'm not having luck with a pick, see if the wife can do it. How or how much do you guys lube the rotating barrel. Not sure if I'll grease it again or try miltech or frog or some other dry lube, (afraid with a dry lube I won't know when to reapply.) I see lawscholar is using a dry lube from Hornady.

Marlin009

Congrats! I love mine. I was using the med backstrap and then went to the small one with the Houge slip on that Jim243 has pictured. Thanks for the idea Jim. :D

reticle

I just picked one of these up last week. Put 100 rounds through it. Works well and feels right. They are nice guns!

threegun

Just gave my PX4 storm a light workout Saturday morning. As usual hyper accurate and utterly reliable. My boys age 11 & 14 find it a favorite.

If God Himself told me to carry a Glock, I'd consider casting my lot with Satan

If God recommended a fighting handgun you could bet your soul it would be a Glock LOL.

Boats

If God recommended a fighting handgun you could bet your soul it would be a Glock LOL.

I have serious doubts that God would recommend the mechanical spawn of a junior Nazi.