PX-4 sight replacement

603Country

I'm quite fond of my PX-4 and have drilled quite a few targets and tin cans with it. The sights are fine for daytime, but last evening I thought I'd use it on a rogue armadillo (wife has issued a shoot on sight order) in the yard. Too dark to see the sights well enough, though I could see the dillo. I guess that I could get a red laser for it, but what sights might you fellows have on your pistols (Tritium?) that are visible in dim light or at night? And will I need a gunsmith for the change? I'm a capable fix-it guy, but I don't want to mess up the pistol. Thanks.

Discern

I believe Duracoat makes a glow in the dark paint that can be used for firearm sights. Other companies make similar products. If you go this route, I suggest not putting as much on the rear sight. This may help the front sight to be more prominent which is what I prefer.

Jim243

603??

I don't know about your's, but mine came with night sights. Just hold them under a light bulb for a min to recharge them. Then take them outdoors.

Jim

603Country

Hmmm! I'll check that out tonight. Maybe I should've read ALL of the manual. Thanks. Still...if somebody breaks into the house, shining the flashlight on the pistol sights, as a first action, might not be an ideal maneuver.

Don P

My night sites are useless now some 4 years later. I have a slide for my 92fs that is in 40 S&W with Trijicon site that have a date of 98 on them and the work as good as the night sights on my new M&P.
www.trijicon.com. They are my first choice at $135 for the front and rear