Purchased my first Glock

HistoryJunkie

As of this weekend, I should be picking up my first Glock. It is a Gen 4 Glock 30 .45acp, barely used with 3 10 round magazines. I am really excited about getting it, and being able to have a magazine release on the left side of the pistol, as I am a lefty.

Anyways, what are all of your experiences with Glock 30's or .45acp Glocks in general?

Also, does anyone know of a decent holster for a Glock 30 that can be had in the left-handed variety? I've already browsed online a bit and haven't had a lot of luck.

Too bad I'm a lefty I guess. The gun store clerk that did my paperwork for the sale said he would throw in a holster for free until he realized they didn't have any left handed ones for my new pistol. :(

stmcelroy

Great gun, had a few and miss them.

Actually thinking a 30gen4 or 30S are in my future, be perfect along side my 21SF.

Glock .45's in general are pretty soft shooting guns.

Ruger45LC

The Gen4 30 is a fine gun, I really like mine. It's a very good shooting gun, for carry I prefer the flush 9rd mags. With night sights it's probably the best carry .45 out there.

UncleEd

For a decent utilitarian holster, check out Glock's own competition/combat holsters (either 9 mm or 10/.45 frames) and ambidextrous.

Gun shops often have them and The Glock Store stocks them.

They run about $12 to $16. Ditto for ambi mag holders for several dollars less.

HistoryJunky

Thanks for all the replies. I like the 10 rounders because I have small hands, and the slight amount more space from the magazine allows me to fit my whole hand on the grip.

I will have to check about my gun store again for the Glock holster. Is it very concealable?

UncleEd

The competition/combat Glock holster is an outside the waistband style.
Depends how concealable you need. It's a very simple holster, no safety straps. Simple click in/click out design and the ambi "loops" are designed to
be fitted to a particular belt size.

I think it was the first holster Glock designed back in the 1980s for the pistols.

Easily found also on Amazon and if in stock Midway besides the Glock Store; all online sites.

burrhead

I don't have a G30 but carry either a 36 or 21 left handed. Just about everybody that makes holsters make left handed ones. Just Google "glock 30 left handed holster". It's not that hard.

jrobin3360

Bought my second Glock two weeks ago (G21SF). To date, I've put 100 rounds thru it. I'm more accurate with my 1911 but I'm not displeased. The grip's bulky but that's to be expected, 13 rounds instead of 7. I was expecting the recoil to be worse than it actually is. I kinda like the idea of having more ammo with fewer mags.
She's a keeper.

DUB

glock 30

I've had a Glock 30 Gen 4 for a little over 3 months,shot a little over 1,000 rds,
have had few problems(early on,some FTF,pretty sure due to limp wristing,and
last week,one rd of WWB FMJ didn't fire,two times,fired the third try).So,only
problems have been due to me and a bad rd.

It's my first Glock also.In fact it's my first semi-auto,and only the second pistol
I have had(S&W .38 special,about 40 years ago).

The gun shoots great-soft recoil,and very accurate(when I am!).

I'm a lefty also,but I haven't moved the mag release yet,no problem with it like it is. The grip is easy, even for my small hands.I don't know what people mean when they say the 30 feels like a 2x4.

I also like and use the 10 rd mags,for the capacity and for the pinky rest.

I can't help with hostlers,I don't carry(yet).

All considered,I love it,and I believe you will too.

Last edited:

Dan-O

I have a gen 3 G30. Great gun. If you go to fleabay and do a search for "rbholsters", they have a left handed G30 holster for lefties. I just got one and for $39 it's hard to beat...especially since horsehide seems to be rare these days, unless you're willing to spend nearly a bill.

HistoryJunkie

It does seem to be a great practical pistol. I do not find it to be very appealing to my senses, but it has everything I want in compact package. It feels great in my hands, and very light compared to the all steel pistols i've owned.

Perhaps I will get more attached to it after I shoot it.

BIG P

I use & carry 2 different Glocks the 30 & 21.I have a 21c with about 25000 rds. never had the first problem shoots soft very true.My G30 I've carried alittle less than a year.I can't think of a better buddy to have with me in some of the crappy places I have to go. NO problems with the G30 either, got about a 1000 rds. through it. About the holster I use the BPT, Blackpoint tactical. molded fiber over leather ends,carries great comfort is good, fast & quiet.give them a look. around 60.00 bucks for a everyday carry its pretty good gear.:cool:

SDF880

G21SF and G30 here and really like em both! I have never had an issue with either. The 30 is a tad big for me to CCW so I usually limit that to the winter months and carry a Kahr PM-45 in the summer months. Good going with the G30 great pistol!-

jr24

The more I shoot my (growing number) Glocks, the more I am happy I dumped my XD long ago. :p

Also, does anyone know of a decent holster for a Glock 30 that can be had in the left-handed variety?

I carry my 30S in either a Crossbred Supertuck, or Wild Bill's Covert Carry. Both are available for lefties. If you like the all kydex and clips you can try RDR holsters. I especially like their mag holders, keep the huge G21 mags at least reasonably concealable.

http://www.wildbillsconcealment.com/covert_carry.htm
http://www.crossbreedholsters.com
http://rdrholsters.com

GLOCK-21

You can never go wrong with a GLOCK I have a GLOCK 21 gen3 with over 20,000 rounds and never had any issues they just don't die.

Siggy-06

I'm still on the fence about adding a .45 acp to my collection. I'm really considering either a Glock 30sf or the 30S, the 41 also has my attention.

HistoryJunkie

As of today, I picked up my Glock 30 from the gun store. Luckily, they had a sale on Federal American Eagle for 18.95/box. I was pretty short on cash but I got one box for a good deal.

I can't wait to shoot this thing. Now that I have it in my possession it's definitely growing on me. After dry firing it a few times, I actually don't hate the Glock trigger. It's not a single action dream, but it isn't stupendously heavy like some of the DA revolvers I've had or a P64 either.

All in all, I'm pretty happy. My picture doesn't do this gun any justice, but a Glock's beauty is utilitarian to begin with.

Attachments

• glock.jpg
    glock.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 13