Purchased a used CZ 75B; did I do ok?

treeprof

I bought a used CZ 75B w/black polymer finish for $275 this weekend that was part of a pretty sizeable collection being liquidated from a guy who's having health problems. Many of his guns were unfired and all were mint condition. This CZ appears to be one of the unfired ones. It was still in the factory plastic wrapper w/some heavy packing oil/grease present, no visible wear on any parts other than a few light marks from factory firing, paperwork (incl. warranty, inspector sheet and factory test target) were wrapped wround the pistol, barrel is flawless, exterior totally flawless, both 10 rd and 15 rd magazines and loader present in the like-new plastic box, all cleaning rods and lock present and unmarked, exterior cardboard box is mint, etc. Manufact date was '96. It looked like the owner had probably wiped it down and swabbed the barrel to remove the factory firing residue, and then packed it back in the box and left it. The dealer who bought the collection is a reputable guy I do a lot of business with and who knows the owner well, and he said he believed it was unfired as well. I see them new for $350 or so in gun mags and $375 or more when they're around locally, and this looked like a good buy. Was it?

rblack

That sounds like a very good buy. My local charged me $400 bucks for my new CZ75B. I guess it's my own fault for not looking around more. They are great shooting guns.

Joe Klug

Treeprof,

I think you got a -very- good deal. I picked my CZ-75B up new for $339 and I was very pleased to find such a good deal.

Check out the deal on the factory .22LR conversion kit at http://www.northeastfirearms.com for some cheap plinking with your new pistol.

Joe/Ga

VictorLouis

You did good. I just paid $345 total for my new one, ordered from out of state. FYI, one local dealer says that the .22 conversion kit comes with two mags. Northeast says only one. I am waiting on an answer from CZ. They have responded promptly before, and you're right about their general brevity. Very helpful on the telephone though.:)

johnbt

Oh yeah. I paid $349 at a gun store six months ago and at the gun show Saturday they were $359 to $399.
The last time I looked, http://www.cdnninvestments.com still had Pro-Mag 15 rounders for $14.99. I bought three and they've worked perfectly so far at the range. John

Marcus

Sounds like a CZ-75B Military. Mine is `96 production as well,I`m guessing they all are. Great deal I paid $70 more for mine. Marcus

shiroikuma

He he I laugh everytime (and it is frequent) someone buys a gun and THEN asks if he got a good deal... Unless you bought it from your cousin you can't get your money back so just enjoy it... :rolleyes:

PS and a CZ 75 is a bargin at $500..but I'm really glad they don't cost that much.

JOE! PREACH THE GOSPEL MY MAN! YOU SPREAD THE WORD BROTHER! ;) LOL

shiro

treeprof

Thanks all for confirming what I thought; I'm more often the guy who misses out on the good buys. I was momentarily tempted to sell it for a small profit, but it points SO well, the test target showed it grouping <1 3/4" at 25 m, and it is such a solid feeling gun that I'm going to keep it.

mikey357

treeprof-yeah, you done good!!! Wish I could find deals like that!!! SAAYYY, does the guy have any handguns left??? WHERE did you say he was???....mikey357

Walt Sherrill

That's a good price.

I found a NEW CZ-75B at a gun show last year for $275. I said, "Wow! That's a great price. I'll take it." As I was filling out the papers and writing the check, the dealer said, "You're right -- that was a good price. We had it mispriced. That's only $10 over our cost. I'll let you have it anyway." [ClassicArms, here in NC, and on the Web. Great people to do business with].

The deals I do usually go the other way.

Great guns. I paid a LOT more for my CZ-85 Combat. (But I got the "pimped out" model, with nickle finish.)

treeprof

Mikey357 - It's Dixie Firearms outside Lawrenceville. He still had a bunch left on Sun (mostly Glocks, Sigs, Rugers and Berettas), and more to arrive in a week or so (some Colt nickel Pythons and the like among them).

http://www.dixiefirearms.com/ is the link, but these are not listed in the online inventory. Prices on the others he had are not give-away, but quite reasonable for the condition, I think.

Joe Klug

Mikey357,

For some good deals on CZs stop by Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna. They have a good selection on new pistols and an ever changing selection of used items. I never buy anything any more until I check what AO is selling it for first. In the past year I have only found a better deal elsewhere once.

Shiro,

Well, sice you were kind enough to point me in the direction of the Kadet kit I figure I should do the same for someone else. Might as well spread the news around about that great kit.

Joe/Ga