punisher .45's

predator86

playboypenguins thread reminded me about this.....does anybody know the exact specs of the punishers pair of .45's?? they are definantly in my top 5 of favorite guns but i cant say that i know the specs on them.....

Frank Castle was shown with many different weapons at different times. Each artist and writer tended to just go with what they knew how to spell or draw. :)

At times during his career he was known to carry a S&W m686 but his .45's were described regularly as "Vietnam era govt. issue" pistols but in many issues they were refered to as "Colt .45's" and in a poster I used to have you could see the Colt logo on them.

The official rundown of his weapons is as follows...
The Punisher's ever-changing arsenal of weaponry includes various automatic and semi-automatic rifles, and an array of handguns, fragmentation and tear gas grenades, other explosives, and combat knives. A personal favorite is his ballistic knife, which can launch its blade with lethal force. He commonly uses M16 .223 caliber automatic rifles, Sterling Mark 6 9mm, semi-automatic rifles, 9mm Browning Llama automatic pistols, .45 caliber automatic frame rechambered for 9mm. ammunition, .223 caliber Derringers, and Gerber Mark II combat knives.

Unless you are referring to the movie version. In that case...who cares about that piece of crap. :D

Taurus_9mm

Pics of my friend Shawn's PT1911 w/ Punisher grips. :p

gunnerforum: http://shawn.mysqlslave.com/forum/index.php

www.taurusarmed.net

Picture054.jpg

Picture053.jpg

predator86

i would be referring to the latest movie versian, i realize that the weapons have changed over the years but i was just wondering about the pair of .45's that he carried in the movie.....those pistols are sexy:D

Troy26

Go back and watch the last movie...go to the scene where he's in his dad's study, and you'll hear him referr to them as Colts

Wayward_Son

I'm not a big comic book buff, but I always thought the Punisher was cool.

You say at one time he carried a S&W 686? Which barrel length?

Taptap

omg, i forgot about that movie. I'm 25, so i was pretty young, but i remember watching that at a friends birthday party sleepover, or something like that. I think I recall someone being drawn, but not quartered. That made an impression on me.

Taptap

LOL, I just watched a youtube video of the old Punisher movie. There were a bunch 80's henchmen going down carnival slides with uzis spraying. Verrry effective tactic. ohhh man