PTR/HK-91 cheek comfort with the typical stock ?

Mine PTR arrives tomorrow, and nobody online seems to mention any cheek slap with the standard solid buttstocks.

They certainly comment on a hard knock regarding certain type of metal brace which can be installed.

My Czechpoint VZ-58 has a similar downward slope on its buttstock, just behind the receiver, but with No aperture rear sight to look into on the VZ (or on my AKMs), there is no need to place one's nose very close to the VZ's receiver.

Having never owned any scope, which seem to result in Far less of a 'cheek weld', it would be rewarding to avoid needing to buy a scope while vision is ok.
Age 66.

Last edited:

44 AMP

Staff
Never noticed an issue when I had an HK 91. Of course, I didn't put my face close to the reciever, either....:rolleyes:

tangolima

I guess OP is "burying" his cheek bone in the drop of the butt stock, right behind the rear sight. When the rifle recoils back, the front of the drop hits the cheek bone.

You don't really need to crank your neck to be that close the the rear sight. Backing off a bit could be a bit more comfortable. More importantly, you may need to lean your shoulder harder on to the stock, so that your whole body recoils with the rifle. If the rifle moves relative to your body, it will hit your body.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Willie Lowman

Years ago I had a friend with a full auto HK51. I shot it quite a bit. Never had any cheek slap problems even when firing bursts.

If you install a scope on a 91/G3 type rifle you will find that the cheek weld becomes a chin weld. A riser on the stock in my opinion is a must for using a scope with one of these rifles. The down side is then your head will be too high to look through the iron sights with the riser on the stock.

Zero slap of any kind:cool:. It has the standard polymer stock.

>> I'm the OP <<
The excellent rifle arrived days ago. Lots of fun to shoot!:D

Never owned a scope. Enjoy iron sights on all of my guns.:) , including the previous fifteen or so rifles.

Last edited: