PT111 DA/SA trigger pull

Mikeyboy

I fondled a new DA/SA Taurus PT111 one at the gun shop the other day and it seemed nice, but I did not have a chance to dry fire it. Does anyone know what the new trigger pull weight and travel is on the gun. I know the old DOA was long and heavy like the old Kel Tec P11 were(+10lb) , but on the new ones does the SA pull still somewhat long and have a little weight to it. I'm thinking anything around 5lb and 1/2" to 1" of travel would be ideal. I'm assuming the SA pull is not real short and light like a traditional DA/SA since it has no decocker. Also and correct me if I'm wrong but I'm under the impression that PT111 has a striker block that is deactivated when the trigger is pulled back, sort of like the XD (the only other SA striker fired gun I can think of), making it drop safe, and relatively safe to carry in a holster with the manual safety off?

gunzrfunz

I owned one for several months last year. The SA pull is around 5# and travel is around 1/2" after the loose nothing-there gap before the break. I liked the gun, but my wife was unable to rack the slide[or any slide for that matter] so I sold it to a friend of mine who loves it.