PT 111 help please

hawken50

i just bought a new taurus pt 111 millennium in 9mm. i love the gun but have one major problem. if i put more than 5 rounds in the mag it rattles like...well, a rattle. anybody else have this problem? i've taken the mag apart and can't find the problem. thanks for any help

Avizpls

Yea, They'll do that.

haha, I find that my mag doesnt do it with an odd number of rounds. smack it down and back onto your palm. that might help set the rounds

kymasabe

PT-111 rattle.

I have the new Millennium Pro in 9mm and mine only rattles with PMC ammo. If I use CCI Blazers, Remington, or Winchester...no rattle.

ivandog

Taurus rattle

The early model mags did rattle. I would suggest you purchase a new mag and that should solve your problem. I own a PT111 (Pro Model), and it does not rattle. Its a great all around pistol. Don't get discouraged with it. You have made a good choice.

cocojo

You will find many guns have that rattle, I hate it. My Glock 22 40 cal does this when loaded full. My Glock 26 did this also. This is not just prone to Taurus guns. If I load the Glock 22 mag with 15 and rack a round it won't rattle, but as soon as I top off the 15 round again it rattles. I carry one less round because of this.