PSA vs BCM Complete lower...

WVsig

I am looking at these 2 lowers. Is there double the value in the BCM parts. This will be a SHTF rifle. I plan on putting a BCM upper on it but I am do not need the upper and lower to match interms of brand. I don't have a problem with pay the extra money if I am getting something for it.

The biggest advantage I see on the PSA complete lower is that I would be able to add a Geissele SSA trigger and be out the door under the stock BCM.

One is a PSA with a Magpul STR for $199.00 http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-complete-lower-magpul-str-edition-black-no-magazine.html

Second is BCM with their BCM Gunfighter stock for $395.00

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=LWR-BCM

BCM SPECS:

Machined from Aluminum Forgings 7075-T6
Hardcoat Anodizing: MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2
BCM® Milspec 7075-T6 Receiver Extention
Staked M4 Lock Nut
USGI H Buffer (1 USGI Tungsten, 2 Steel)
BCM Trigger Guard
Low Shelf for RDIAS installation
Low Shelf for Accuwedge use
Un-notched Hammer compatible with 9mm use
Fire Controls marked SAFE and SEMI
BCM PNT Trigger Assembly

PSA Specs:

Machined from Aluminum Forgings 7075-T6
Hardcoat Anodizing: MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2
Milspec diameter Receiver Extension
Magpul STR Stock in Black
Magpul MOE Grip in Black
Magpul MOE Trigger Guard in Black
Staked M4 Lock Nut
Standard Carbine Buffer
Un-notched Hammer compatible with 9mm use
Caliber: Multi

Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

DubC-Hicks

I'd get the PSA. It will work just as well, and you're saving tons of money. I've built quite a few PSA rifles and have had great luck with all of them.

The BCM does have the prestige though. And it's recognized as expensive and high quality.

Either lower will work as well as the other. The BCM usually has a deep black finish, usually shinier, and almost purple. The PSA has a matte finish. If that matters to you.

WVsig

I have a PSA lower, and it happens to have a BCM upper on it. It works very well.

Nice. How does the finish match up?

I am also considering just getting the upper and putting it on my Colt M4 6920 lower which already has a Geissele SSA in it with a CTR stock and MIAD Magpul grip.

I can get another lower later.

marine6680

One difference... there is some extra QC tlc on the BCM, but it's not like it's difficult to build a good lower... So the PSA lower should be good quality as well.

I personally like the grip angle the BCM pistol grip uses vs the Magpul MOE, but that is a quick and cheap change.

Another difference, and one I think matters for a SHTF rifle... the PSA does not have a 7075 buffer tube... As it is not the "premium" version.

It can be changed, but is more difficult due to the staking, and care must be taken to not crack the receiver... it also adds $35 or so to change it.

The included trigger of the BCM is better.

For a SHTF rifle, a Geissele is a good way to go over other options, as it is designed with a backup sear, and will revert to mil spec mode should a problem happen.

To save money if you choose to go Geissele, is to get the cheaper G2S, as unless this is a precision rifle, a top notch trigger isn't really a necessity... but the G2S is still a high quality trigger.

But I would just stick with a good mil spec trigger, unless I just had the money to toss around, or just really liked the Geissele a lot. (I do like them a lot myself, for more precision based builds though)

Though it may not matter to you, a matched upper and lower usually sell better and for more than a mismatched "frankengun".