PSA AR kits

Huskerguy

I have seen some discussion on the board about PSA kits. I have one other AR but would like to actually build one from the ground up just to say I did.

The feedback seems to be pretty positive on these. Is that because of the price or quality or both? Would like to hear from those who have been around their stuff and actually used it. They have multiple models which is a bit confusing. I am leaning towards the one on the upper right - seems to be a little better barrel quality. Go ahead and lay it on me, pros and cons

Guess I better state what I want to use the rifle for. Just some general plinking, like to shoot for accuracy, some dogs, build it to pass on to the kids. :D I also reload for my other AR and a bolt in 223. I have bullets in 55 and 62 grain already in stock and lots of them. Sure I missed something.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/AR-rifle-kits.php

tahunua001

the PSA kit really isn't a build from scratch kit since the upper is fully assembled, not really that big of deal IMO and I kind of prefer not having to use a vise to put a gun together but I digress.
the palmetto upper is mostly FN Herstal parts(FN Herstal is now making the USGs M4s) so you are getting a 100% milspec upper. the lowers I'm not too sure about, furniture if I'm not mistaken is MOE, which I'm not very familiar with but I hear a lot of good things about it. and the lowers used to be made by aero precision but have changed to an unknown manufacturer in recent months and apparently offers a better fit and finish. I would venture a guess and say that it is also a restamped FN lower as well but that's pure conjecture based on the uppers. all in all they are not the cheapest option but they blow model1 and blackthorn kits out of the water.

ozarkrecluse

I just got a PSA upper for a project a few weeks ago. I'm very pleased with how it's worked out for me. I'll be looking at them in the future for my next build.

Fishbed77

I have a PSA lower (MOE lower build kit), and the quality is suberb. I don't have one of their complete uppers yet, but I have handled a few at their store in Columbia, and the quality looks to be very high. For example, the BCGs are properly staked, etc.