PSA AR-10 Stock?

smee78

I have a PSA AR-10 and want to change the stock. It currently has a Magpul collapsible stock and I would like to swap it out to a fixed stock. Anyone know if a standard A2 stock and spring/buffer will fit? The gun functions fine and has no operating problems, I'm just not happy with the sloppy-ness of the stock to tube fit. I'm tossing up the idea of either the RRA 308 OPERATOR A2 STOCK or the Magpul MOE Rifle Stock.

Venom1956

what about an adjustable with the tension lock? Just a thought I can't help you with the PSA ar10 I've got the m&p10 and i know the buffer tube is different at least for the collapsible stock

shaunpain

I'd look into Magpul's CTR or something similar. It locks up tight and no buffer/spring change.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

stagpanther

It depends--PSA has their own "adaptation" of a DPMS "shorty" carbine buffer system for the AR10--so you need to know that first--but I would say off the top of my head that going to a rifle fixed stock will almost certainly require a longer buffer, spring etc.

bfoosh006

In order to change to a AR Rifle stock, you will need a rifle buffer tube, rifle spring and buffer and the stock w/ the retainer plate, sling loop, butt plate, and buttplate screws... if it is an A2 stock, you will need the spacer as well ( for the end of the buffer tube, shorter A1 stock doesn't need the spacer. )

Something like this... ( note available in OD green )

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=296

DO NOT use the carbine length buffer and spring in a Rifle length stock.. it will ( the BCG ) beat the heck out of the end of the receiver from being allowed to go to far into the buffer tube.[

Last edited:

up2snuff

I second the Magpul CTR stock. Better fit and has a lock that tightens it up. No rattle. Words good on my PA-10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk