Prvi Partizan - PP733 in SKS

Hdonly

Has anyone tried the Prvi Partizan - PP733 roundnose softpoint ammo in their SKS? Curious how it feeds and wonder how it does on hogs. I am planning on a trip to Texas to visit my brother and was looking for something new to try. These look like they should do the job. Just looking for someone that has tried them. I have ordered 200 rounds to try them out.

attachment.php

Attachments

• P3200154.JPG
    P3200154.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 512

Hdonly

I am guessing that you have used 7.62x39 on hogs and had problems killing them. What type of bullet and rifle did you use?

ttarp

I don't have any experience with the ammo you listed, but I've had Tula FMJ turn a hog into dinner before.

Mobuck

When this round first hit the market, it was widely reported to not "feed for snit" in ANY semi-auto rifle. The soft lead nose catches the feed ramps, chamber edge, or anything in that area and jams. I've even found it doesn't feed as
smoothly as more pointed bullets in a Rem 799 bolt action but I don't worry much since I can control that. It MIGHT feed in YOUR SKS if you're the lucky one.
Performance? Well, it's not a .308 Win and the only thing I shot with it was a couple of whitetail does. Performance was unimpressive but the deer did die although not as soon as I expected. A shoulder hit on a big hog might not get the results you hoped for. Broadside on a 75-80# piggy=probably OK.

Hdonly

I have used a lot of Tula. I was looking at this for two reasons. 1 to collect some reloadable brass and 2 to try this style of bullet. I am planning on casting some bullets and wanting to try some different bullet styles before buying molds. I will slug my barrel first as I have heard that there can be a lot of variation in SKS barrels. We are having a lot of hog problems here in Florida where I live and looking to fill up the freezer.