PRVI 30-30 ammo

Jack O'Conner

PRVI Partizan soft tip ammo is made in Serbia and is commonly sold at discounted pricing. I bought a box of 30-30 150 grain ammo recently at a gun show try out. I was disappointed with the accuracy results at 100 yards. Best 3 shot group was 3 inches and worst was 4 inches. In contrast, Winchester Power Point ammo cuts these groups sizes in half. Yes, it's accurate enough to kill a deer at typical woods distances but doesn't produce the level of accuracy that I accustomed to. My advise is to spend a little more for the "good stuff."

Jack

bamaranger

another

No use of PRIVI 30-30, but their 7.62x54R ammo does the same in one of my auto rifles so chambered. To the point that I pulled the remaining rounds from the two boxes I had bought, and simpley used the brass for my reloads, and the slugs for reloaded target/blasting ammo.

Cowboy_mo

Guess I was lucky. I bought several boxes of their .243 just to try and primarily for their brass as I have heard it is excellent for reloading. In my Winchester Model 70, it shoots right with Federal blue box, and Remington Core Lokts.

It depends on the gun. I have shot some in my Savage 340 30-30 and it likes them the best of any factory 30-30 ammo. While my Marlin pukes on them.
Maybe in Serbia they only have access to CZ 30-30 bolt guns for ammo testing???