Proton X1 - Any good?

New_comer

Hello again!:)

Does anyone have this pistol? Metal frame, grip safety, looks like a cross between an HS2000, SIG & a Steyr.:confused: . If you do, how does it shoot and how much did you pay for it?

Specifications%20Page.jpg

Thanks for your reply...

Regards,

New_comer:cool:

New_comer

Here's another page in their website:
Product%20Page.jpg

Fixed barrel, gas-delay blowback? Sounds like a P7...

Your thoughts.

New_comer:cool:

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
I don't know about the X-1 but I have seen several Craig LTD guns... and each one was fantastic.
This mutant should be pretty good too...
If you can stand to look at it.

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
I think...

...that that is one groovy-looking pistol. Like a 1911 and a P7 had a love child. Any clue when they shoould be available?

SIGarmed

Looks nice. Is there a website? I'd like more info on this pistol.
If it turns out to be good I hope it becomes legal in California.

10CFR

It may be a high quality firearm, I don't know, but it just looks too much like a cross between a Hi-point and a Lorcin for me. . .

-10CFR

Jim Watson

Craig once advertised a Vortak gas action gun with 1911 lockwork. I never saw even a magazine article to indicate he actually made any.

The X1 is ugly, but that doesn't slow down Glock.

I wonder about a couple of things:
#8 ...single action trigger...
#2 Striker block...
#12 ...grip safety.

No mention of a manual safety as most of us would want on a single action gun. I guess you could handle it like a highly tuned Glock.

No mention of caliber or size. I don't need a big bulky gun (vs 1911) of whatever claimed quality.

Wait for the SHOT show reports. The rag writers will be plugging every product imaginable.

Jim Watson

I took the term striker block to mean a firing pin safety as on Glock and Colt '80. Pity they didn't show the left side of the gun so we could see if there is a manual safety.