props to sig CS

insolentshrew

Maybe I just got lucky with the CS rep that I spoke with, but my sig is getting shipped back tomorrow on their dime via 2nd day air. The rep even typed in my email address wrong when I spoke to him yesterday for the shipping label and called me back today to confirm the correct address.

He asked me also if I was partial to the adjustable night sights, which I said I had no real preference - the only reason I have them is due to them coming on the model that I bought. If I was able to mix and match parts I probably would have chosen the fixed sights. Well, they will be replacing the rear adjustable night sight and swapping it for a fixed sight.

Hats off to sig CS, we'll see how things look in a few weeks when I get it back.

insolentshrew

I don't know if it was just the person I talked to or if this is the standard. I am a strong believer of "people only remember the bad experiences" so I like to make it a point to spread the word when I experiencing above the norm cs in ANY industry. As of late all it seems like I read is "X company's cs is terrible!".

Maybe its not a matter of the company's CS is bad, but their policy prevents them from giving the customer a brand new replacement gun, a lifetime supply of ammo, a bag of chips, and a new pickup truck for their troubles -and when the person doesn't get this they go crying that their cs is bad.

Again, hats off to sig's CS - their gunsmiths on the other hand we will have to see when my 229 gets back. =)