Props to Duncan Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.

STAGE 2

If it wasn't for him kicking the bureaucrats in the nuts, the military C130 firefighting planes would still be sitting in North Carolina instead of here in San diego putting out these fires. (Why in the hell are 3 out of these 6 planes stationed in NC and none in california?)

I might just vote for him on this alone.

I like him and Tom Tancredo
+1

Hunter is who I am voting for in the primary, hopefully he can pick up some steam, but with his values, very aligned with my own, he is not the "popular" candidate with the rest of American Repubs.

UMP

I hope hunter and tancredo drop out of the race. They lost months ago. All they are doing is being an annoyance.

Unregistered

I hope hunter and tancredo drop out of the race. They lost months ago. All they are doing is being an annoyance.

If they are annoying Giuliani, Romney, McCain, and Thompson, then I say more power to them!

At least Hunter and Tancredo are conservatives.

ShipWreck

Yes - it is a shame that we get stuck with the "popular" guys because the press like them and they have the most money. Hunter and Tancredo would be better presidents.

gc70

(Why in the hell are 3 out of these 6 planes stationed in NC and none in california?)
You must have missed that part of Hunter's 4-sentence press release.

The C-130 MAFFS aircraft, operated by the California National Guard out of Point Mugu, are currently uncertified and therefore unusable.

Don't know where you got the numbers that upset you, but they are wrong.
115th Airlift Squadron (California ANG) - Point Mogu, CA - 12 C-130 MAFFS
187th Airlift Squadron - Cheyenne, WY - 8 C-130 MAFFS
731st Airlift Squadron - CO Springs, CO - ? C-130 MAFFS
156th Airlift Squadron - Charlotte, NC - ? C-130 MAFFS​
I might just vote for him on this alone.

Hardly likely; you said you would vote for him before he even said he was running.

Rob308

Duncan Hunter

He's the only one that understands that "free trade" is a national security threat. He said at the last debate that only one factory can still make the high-quality armor plating needed for... I can't remember what it was. All of the rest of the factories that make it have gone to China and Mexico now. He's also not a chicken-hawk like some of the others and he has either a son or a grandson in Iraq.

If I were a conservative who still believed in the war on terror Duncan Hunter would probably be my favorite. He seems like the person most qualified to fight a war.

longeyes

The fact that men like Hunter and Tancredo have been marginalized not only by the American Left but by their own Party tells us everything we need to know about the current sorry state of so-called "representative government" and the political process in America. The few people who see the issues clearly and actually propose tough solutions must be discounted and demonized. These kinds of candidates will be driven into third and fourth parties, only to re-emerge in a more dramatic form down the road as our problems worsen.

gc70

Silly me. I guess I was too busy evacuating friends and family.

Talk about an assinine comment.

You were not too busy to get on the internet to puff up your favorite candidate by making inaccurate statements.

STAGE 2

I had several friends who lost their homes this week. Be thankful that this conversation isn't taking place in person.

Marko Kloos

He's the only one that understands that "free trade" is a national security threat.

It's quite common among politicians to have no clue about economics. Looks like he's no exception to that rule.

Al Norris

Moderator Emeritus
With the exception of Marko's post, the last couple are exactly why we have imposed the new rules.

Some of you need to take a break from L&P.

Status
Not open for further replies.