Professional Ordanance 223 pistol

DAVID JOHNSON

Has anyone shot a professional ordnance pistol in 223?
Does anyone own one of these?
Looks like it would be fun to take to the range and look at everyones face when it comes out of the case.
How does this gun compare with the Olympic Arms Pistol in 223?

blades67

They're not as much fun as a 231 Firing Port Weapon and less practicle as well. I don't think they're worth what some are paying for them. They do make a bunch of noise if that sort of thing is important to you.
50cal.gif

johnwill

I wouldn't buy a Professional Ordnance product if it were half price, and that's coming from an owner of one of their rifles! Read all the threads on PO on AR15.COM before you lay your money down, you may see the light!

branrot

I've got a Type 97 Pistol. Nice gun. Seems to be well made. Had some jams when I was breaking it in, but seems OK now. It's about the size of an MP5K (SP89), but with a much better round. Accuracy is OK, but not it's strong suit. Doesn't kick much, but lots of noise and muzzle flash. I think I paid around 800 new.

CULLENIII

I have a Carbon-15 Type 21 pistol. I have had good luck so far. Use orlite mags and fired 200 rounds Winchester 55grn FMJ white box no problems. Paid 630 delivered through a pawn shop ordered from Davidsons.

Clark

I have a type 97 pistol.
It makes less noise with the recoil compensator off.[still the loudest gun I have shot]

The employees at an indoor range came running into the range to see what was makeing the flash.

I had jams till I learned that it will not take reloads that have not been resized with a full length small base die.

I wish my Bushmaster V match had that tight a chamber.

CULLENIII

I been shooting mine for over a year now. 2000k rounds and counting. Only use factory mil-spec and orlite mags.

Onslaught

If I had to have an AR-15 type pistol, I would rather have one like the Olympic Arms version... I just can't stand that recoil buffer tube hanging out the back. The lines on the OA just look cleaner (to me).

I assume that's an OA brand pistol that Willem Defoe uses in "Clear and Present Danger", since I'm not aware of another brand with the recoil spring over the barrel... Of course, I've been known to be WRONG :D
This same version made a big appearance in one of the "Batman" sequels too. (The one with 2-face, I believe). This time, they got a "neon upgrade" and sported 90 round drum mags... Wouldn't THAT be fun
batman.gif

On the other hand, (and this is just my little ole' opinion again) If I were going to get a Professional Ordnance weapon, I'd probably opt for one of their lightweight rifles. Since the stock on them is Quick Detach, you can turn one into a 16" barreled pistol in seconds, with all the available advantages of a rifle if you want it. As light as they are, I can't see you having any trouble with the weight.

aruid

I been shooting mine for over a year now. 2000k rounds and counting. Only use factory mil-spec and orlite mags.

2,000,000 rounds! :eek: :eek: :eek:

You must have shot like 5,400 rounds per day for the last year! Are you LE or Military or just have a lot of money and time? What parts of the gun did you have to replace?

ARUID

Hard Ball

More effective round?
What muzzlw velocity do you get out of that short barrel? A slow .223 bullet may not bw all that effective. :confused:

johnwill

I have the Model 97 rifle, and I was initially not impressed. After two trips back to PO, they finally appear to have made it right. It shoots reliably, and is actually more accurate than I would have expected.

Be advised that while PO claims a lifetime warranty, I've heard a bunch of people complaining it's hard to get them to stand behind it, and the warranty is only for the original owner. Second hand guns have no warranty AFAIK.

CULLENIII

Muzzle velocity---i only use mil spec europen ss-109 ammo in it--depends on the make but from 2000 to 2500 fps that equals to between 550 and 900 fpe---

Pendragon

so - can you not have a barrel shroud on the pistol?

sure its the size of an MP5, but you cant support the front of the gun with your weak hand so whats the point?

good on armoured goblins though...

CULLENIII

I have no barrel shroud on mine. I have no problem shooting it by either holding it forward of the mag well, like when using a sami auto rifle when sitting, or using both hands on pistol grip.

rkknowles

Professional Ordnance Carbon 15 Rifle

I bought one of these a few years ago.It was diassembled and have managed to "remachine" the flat to accept the mount.Anyone give me direction on how the buffer plunger and spring is made up and assembles.It does not seem to want to close and lock the bolt properly with a "Marine M-16" mentality.Maybe I'm missing something.I have a plunger and spring.
HELP.