PRODUCT WARNING: FEDERAL POWER-SHOK™ .243 Win

Para Bellum

Winchester .223 isn't quite Federal .243 or is it?

At first I didn't get what you mean and then I opened the sticky. I even checked the sticky headlines before I posted that one, but the sticky headlines only say "Winchester 223 Ammo Recall". The warning I posted above is about Federal .243 and is only mentioned in the 4th or so post in a sticky thread on Winchester .223 ammo. Why should anyone expect a warning on Federal .243 ammo in a sticky thread titled "Wincester 223 recall"?

It would be better to either rename the existing sticky in "ammo recalls" or make this sticky so that folks easiy find the warning about the Federal .243.

But hey, I've read the warning on the Federal .243, why do I even care to post if I get repaid with scorn.

tahunua001

the warnings about the federal 80gr powershoks have been on federal's website for well over a year. by now I'm sure that most of these defective batches were taken off the shelves months ago and most of the places I've seen only carry 100gr powershoks anyway. luckily for me I always liked the 100gr powershoks the best out of my 243 anyway.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Dunno anything about scorn. I didn't bother to sticky it because folks ignore stickies. I figured a bump or two would work better, keeping it current for a few days.

Para Bellum

Oh Art, I am so sorry. I thought you meant that I should have read a sticky before posting that. Sorry again. :eek:

Have a good day,
PB