• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Problems with Safari . . . .

Prof Young

I've used Safari to visit TFL for years but lately am running into problems. Recently it would not post a op or a reply and I'd have to back out and try again. Today it wouldn't even open TFL. So I'm in today with Google Chrome and we'll see how that goes.

Life is good
Prof Young

Joe-ker

Safari works here. I’m not very literate in puters. Still don’t know what cookies are but something like that or a setting isn’t right?

Prof Young

Hmmmmm . . . .

Not sure what to make of this. I've continued to have problems with Safari. I'll go to open a thread or make a post and I get a screen saying that the server cannot be contacted.

I've rebooted my router and my computer to no avail.

It's not a big deal. Just have to remember to sign in with chrome.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Mal H

Staff
Prof Young - what URL are you using to connect to TFL with Safari? Is it the same as used with Chrome?

What is the DNS address you are using for Safari and for Chrome? Are they the same? (They probably are if you're going through the same router for both.)

Have you cleared the cache and web data for Safari recently? If not, that can help.

Prof Young

Thanks . . . .

Thanks Mal H. I'll look into that stuff. I'm on via chrome at the moment, but was on via Safari before this. Tried to do a search and got the message that "Safari could not connect with the server." That may not be the exact wording.

Life is good.
Prof Young

eflyguy

bg is chrome, URL copied and pasted to Safari in fg.

I think Safari might have added security options, I'd look at those - although as I never really use it, I'd think I would see the same issue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 10.34.31.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 10.34.31.png
    362.3 KB · Views: 31