Problem with my Glock Solution???

branrot

OK. Without getting bashed here, I think that one of the weaker parts of the Glock is the magazine, particularly the magazine spring. They get weak after a while, and keeping the slide back after emptying a mag becomes a problem, as does ejecting an empty mag.

Anyway, has anyone had experience with aftermarket mags or magazine springs in Glocks, particularly the 23? If so, which manufacturer, hi-caps or not, and how well do they work?

I've tried Wolff springs, but they're not much better than the stock ones. And no, I don't keep all of them loaded with 13 rounds all the time.

.357SIG

I've never used aftermarket mags, but hear they are all crap. To be on the safe side, just use factory mags.

[This message has been edited by .357SIG (edited June 27, 2000).]

Mark King

No experience with aftermarket mags with my G23, but I did replace the springs in my normal capacity (13 round) magazines with Wolff springs.. They seem to hold up better and make the mags easier to load. www.gunsprings.com Mark / FL

Cypselus

Replace your springs periodically. I don't know of any good aftermarket Glock mags, but I know of a lot of bad ones. USA and Ram-Line come to mind.

Dave AA

I have a G23, with full-cap and 10 rounders. I've never had a problem, and those mags are at least 2 years old. you might want to give Wolff and Glock a call. Glock is usually pretty good about fixing full-cap mags.

psywar

Glock aftermarket mags. are NOT for defense BUT ProMag made some HiCaps that work great for the range and save wear and tear on you $$$ Glock HiCaps.

There are two types of ProMag HiCaps for the Glock out there. One type is all plastic. These are junk. Stay away.

The second type, was plastic with a full metal liner. These work very well. In fact many Glock owners take a ProMag FML mag. and use a Glock follower and a Wolff or Glock spring and report flawless performance.

To find out more: http://www.glocktalk.com/

-psywar

Siggy

Trade it for a Sig and I'll round for round you and see who's fails first (remember to burp that tupperwaare).

WESHOOT2

My "Glock solution" was sell.

--------------------------------------------

"all my handguns are metal handguns"

9x45

The mag springs just need to be replaced with Wolff or ISMI,then you won't have any more problems. Make sure your slide stop is not too worn out. Make it a habit to load by 'sligshot' and not thumbing the slide release.

jtduncan

The ProMags have a hit and miss reputation. Range yes, carry- your decision. But most people on GT and UGW aren't reporting Glock mag problems.

I'd save my money and buy factory hi caps.

------------------
The Seattle SharpShooter - TFL/GT/UGW/PCT/KTOG

johnwill

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Siggy:
Trade it for a Sig and I'll round for round you and see who's fails first (remember to burp that tupperwaare).[/quote]

As a general rule, that's not that smart a bet. Both are excellent guns, but the Glock doesn't take a back seat to the Sig in the reliability department.

branrot

Two questions:

Which is better: ISMI or Wolff. I've tried the Wolff and still have problems. Is it worth my while to try the ISMI?

Second, what is loading by "slingshot"?

P

PreserveFreedom

Loading by "slingshot" refers to inserting a loaded magazine with the slide locked open, pulling the slide back, and letting it drop on the first round in the mag, thus chamberring it. This is as opposed to slamming the slidelock down with your thumb.

craigz

I have 5 Glocks and probably close to 50 magazines, and while I have experience occasional FTFs, I've never had the slide fail to lock back at the end of a mag. Not once. You may want to look for another source of the problem, like replacing your slide stop lever.