Problem With KY Imports

TonyPoulos

I just received a Ruger 10/22 from KY Imports. It is to be a Christmas present for my son.

Unfortunately, KY sent me a discontinued model with a skeletonized butt stock. Ruger's current model is a much nicer looking, fully countoured stock.

I called KY to discuss the problem and request to return it, and the owner named Tony took an attitude. He basically told me I was FOS and hung up on me!

I called back and spoke to a lady who mirrored his attitude. She told me I should "call him back in 20 minutes". I said what for, so he can hang up on me again? She said he will have to give me a return number. I will call back and see...

I guess this gives me a 2nd thought on ordering over the phone. My experiences with other vendors has been positive. However, this one's a stinker.

Tony

rugerfreak

Tony

Not to discount your problems with KY or what looks good to you--------BUT----might I suggest you take a closer look at that old stock. Sure they're ugly---nobody disputes that---but they are A LOT more durable and solid than the newer stocks. Taken in that light-they are a thing of beauty.

Maybe reconsider the looks for a superior stock overall.

Just a suggestion---hope everything works out for you.

RF

TonyPoulos

Charmed, I thought about doing exactly that. I have been called a SOB too. But I decided to swallow it to make sure my 9 yr old boy smiles on Christmas eve.

Ruger, I see your point. Thanks. It does make me feel a little better for deciding to keep it.

Tony

Jaywalker

I placed an order with KY on 29 Nov 01, and I thought the folks there seemed a little tense, including Tony. I could hear raised voices in the background, and no one seemed very happy.

Yesterday, Mrs. Pierce at KY helped me track a mislaid shipment, and she was very pleasant. I asked her about the tension at the end of November, and she apologized. Apparently, they had had 5 worm viruses and lost their computer system, a serious problem for a mail-order business. In any case, they seem back to normal now.

Jaywalker

rowdy1

I wanted to order some high capacity mags from them. They were listed as $40. So when I called about getting a couple she said that they were $90 a piece. I informed that they're listed as $40 on their website. She said "well we haven't updated that in about two years".
Thanks I'll take my business elsewhere!:(

FratBoyTX

$90 for a $40 magazine... hmmm... Any reputable business owner will usually respond to four magic letters. D-T-P-A. It's the Deceptive Trade Practives Act, and it makes false advertising illegal. Might not work in this case, but if you get into a dispute in which you've already paid and you can't call the credit card people, it might be helpful.

Prof

KY Imports has a rep as being less than friendly. When I have dealt with them over the years, their customer skills have been lousy, often bordering on rude. However, their products are usually as advertised and service (unless you have to return something) is good. Web info is often out of date. Recently I saw an ad on Natchez's website for some Wilson/Rodgers mags. Sent a web order and received a reply that they were out of stock. I usually call dealers now to avoid that problem.