Pro-Mags hicaps in Hi-Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen A. Camp

Staff In Memoriam
Hello. I currently own around 6 or 7 ProMag 13 round magazines for the BHP 9mm. They've all worked just fine. Finish is not as good as the original Browning (Mec-Gar) magazines, but it's OK and by using the ProMags, I free up my "good" magazines for serious use or just to have. Again, I've used these in more than one Hi Power and have used them with standard pressure and +P loads with absolutely no problems. Best.

bk40

Thanks Stephen. I've found several sources with prices varying from $15 to $20. I've already purchased 3 but have not tried them yet. Kurt Wickmann is giving my BHP a tune-up.

5 Pro-Mags = 1 Browning/Meg-Gar. Will defintely buy several more, got another HP on the way!

Master Blaster

I bought two promags 15 round high capacity magazines for my ruger P89 at $25
each. The follower caught on the mag release catch hole after about 8 rounds.

I dissassembled the magazine and used sandpaper to round and smooth the front edge of the plastic follower (?) and then I could not get them to jam with a screwdriver. they have fired about 200 rounds each reliably since the surgery.. Would you trust them now?

Vee

Nice topic. I have a Kimber Ultra elite and i am trying to find and inexpensive source for the mags. I need the officers's model mags.

Any Suggestions? I did not see them at Cheaper than dirt.

Vee

------------------

Beretta Boy

On that whole pro-mag deal, if anyone has any info about their 15 round mags for Beretta92FS let me know... <<edit>>How about those "mega-mags" from gunaccesories.com?At which point would I have a mag stickin out the bottom of my gun?? 20 rds.? 30 rds? I can't beleive they even sell 30 round mags for my beretta, what is that????

[This message has been edited by Beretta Boy (edited November 09, 1999).]

FireForged

Try CDNN, they have New factory(pre-ban) mags for just about everything. I got a catalog today and they are having a close out sale on they Beratta mags. I have used the Pro-mags in my Browning Hi Power with lots of problems.. I will try the sandpaper trick and try it again...

Status
Not open for further replies.