privi partizan ammo

Frasier

I was at my local shooting range last week and the gentleman in the next lane had a shell explode in his Glock 10mm. He was shooting privi partizan ammo and had his gun inspected by the staff before he left the range. They told him that brand uses soft brass in high pressure loads. Anyone else have a shell kaboom in a gun?

ligonierbill

The only ammo of that brand I've used is .32 ACP - no problems. Brass is basically pretty soft, in fact we reloaders sometimes anneal the necks of bottleneck cases to make them softer. So I wonder about the diagnosis. When cases are formed, the process is called deep drawing, and it will work harden the brass to a degree. So, unless a batch of brass were somehow exposed to fairly significant overheating, enough to cause grain growth, most brass will be similar. It could have been a hot load - it does happen even in commercial ammo. Or the guy could have had a really dirty chamber, lead buildup, or something else that drove up the pressure.

batmann

No handgum ammo, but I have shot a lot of their .30-30 ammo. I don't reload so I don't know about the brass, but in .30-30, it's shoots well. Great practice ammo for the money.

pelo801

lead buildup, or something else that drove up the pressure.
i wonder this too. had the guy been shooting a lot of lead out of a factory glock barrel? that would be my guess.

i did notice that midway has some of the 8X56R ammo from Privi Partizan, at some of the best prices i've seen.

Sevens

I hadn't realized that Prvi Partizan offered 10mm factory ammo, so I went to their website.

They offer three loads:
170gr FMJ at 1115 fps
180gr JHP at 1083 fps
190gr FMJ at 1050 fps

Their website lists their velocity in meters per second, so I used an online calculator to do the conversion.

I don't know anything about the brass... whether it's "soft" or not, but I can tell you that these are not warm 10mm loads. These are very typical of most 10mm "FBI-lite" type loads and are similar to Federal's crap 10mm, Remington's crap 10mm and CCI's crap 10mm... and Hornady's new "exclusive to Cabela's" and also crap Critical Defense load. That is to say, none of these and the Prvi also is really much warmer than the top .40 S&W loads.

These shouldn't be considered proper 10mm ammo like the ammo you can get from Buffalo Bore, Double Tap, Swampfox, Elite, etc etc, or what most 10mm aficionados load at their bench.

wogpotter

I've used a lot of Prvi Partizan ammo & have found the brass to be better than RemChester.
I'll put this down to gunshop ninja intel.:barf:

dougbull

nasty ammo

I bought some in .38, went to the range and it put out the horrible, large blue sickening clouds, I ever seen every one begged me to stop [ indoor range] so I went home embarrassed, then went to clean my gun O.M.G I thought I would never get that @#%^ out and off my gun. had to do total cleaning inside and out. NEVER AGAIN WILL I RUN THAT AMMO

Frasier

I did try some of this in .38 special months ago, seemed to have very heavy recoil and am glad no one has any kaboom stories (aside from the 10mm Glock incident) but think I'll save the rest of the rounds for a another time.

Casimer

I've NEVER heard that about Prvi ammo....

Neither have I. PP is a long standing Serbian ammo manufacturer - http://www.prvipartizan.com/. They actually had a big fire at their plant about a year ago. Maybe that's why their cases are so soft :eek:

I think that they also private label for other ammo brands like Wolf.

Their stuff tends to be grungy and dirty, but it shoots well. It's a good 'value' ammo, but is probably going to require you to clean more frequently.

skoro

I've used Prvi in 30-06 and .223 without a single problem. I've always thought it pretty decent stuff.

8shot357

Ive shot 5-6 boxs of 7.62x25 through my CZ52 with no complaints. it's rated at 1722fps/560lbs, that's pretty hot IMHO. I'd those again at a good price.

lmccrock

Academy's Monarch Brass line is PPU. I have had some problems with the primer pockets reloading 45acp brass, but I think that is my problem more than theirs.

Lee